WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,
I have been browsing the forums here for a while. This is my first time posting. I have an Omega 2264.50 that was given to me by my Father in law. I love this watch. It has huge sentimental value to me. I have worn it every day since it was given to me. After daily wear for close to 2 years, I had to take it in for service and a new battery. I have been thinking about purchasing a second watch to wear daily, to save the wear on my 2264. Looked at older speedmasters, new speedmasters. I've settled on the idea of purchasing a new Diver 300M. I just can't decide which variant I want. It is between the black dial, white dial, or the grey dial. Definitely the stainless bracelet either way. I am leaning toward the black dial. Probably because that is what is familiar to me.

I was at my AD yesterday browsing. I looked at both the black and the grey. The grey is better looking in person than any of the pictures i have seen. I do wish it was available with a black bezel and hands. I was hoping to see the white dial also, but I was told that it was only available by special order, and that it would take about 120 days for it to arrive.

120 days for a special order Omega doesn't seem unreasonable to me. But is there a reason that it wouldn't be a normal stock item? Is the white dial uncommon?
Opinions on these watches in general?

·
Registered
482 Posts
If you have any more ADs near you, go give them a look. I've seen the white dial variant at two different ADs in the past week. They're not rare, they're not special order and there shouldn't be a 120 day wait.

Of those 3 the black dialed variant is my favorite, but that's purely subjective.

Reactions: Londonboy

·
Registered
365 Posts
I don't think the photos do them justice after looking at them yesterday.
I have an older 2531.80 that is the the most comfortable in my collection.
If it was me the middle of those 3 would be my first choice.
They're all stunners though.
Good luck

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
unfortunately I live in western NY state. Near Buffalo. The only Omega AD I can find near me is a Jared.

Edit: There is another dealer in Rochester, an hour and a half + away from me. They don't show any white dials available either though.

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
It's pure personal choice.

I like the grey, but then also like the white.

Honestly, I wouldn't know which one I'd buy until I was actually buying it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I am leaning toward the black dial.
I wouldn't get the black dial, only because the 2265 has a black dial. I would want to branch out a little bit. Personally I like the white, but you can't go wrong with any of the three.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I just picked up the blue and I love it. Of those choices I would go with the white dial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I wouldn't get the black dial, only because the 2264 has a black dial. I would want to branch out a little bit. Personally I like the white, but you can't go wrong with any of the three.
I kind of had the same thought. But I also kind of like the black dial as an homage to my 2264. I won't be ready to purchase until January at the earliest. So I have plenty of time to decide.

·
Registered
11,553 Posts
Order the white dial version from Omega online. They offer free returns. If you love it, then order from your AD and wait the apparent 120 days, although I'm sure it wouldn't take long.

unfortunately I live in western NY state. Near Buffalo. The only Omega AD I can find near me is a Jared.

Edit: There is another dealer in Rochester, an hour and a half + away from me. They don't show any white dials available either though.

·
Registered
11,553 Posts
I just saw that Jared is a nationwide operator in the US. If you do love the white, ask them to transfer one from another of their stores. I'm sure one would have it in stock.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Reeds Jenss Jewelers in Rochester carry Omega and there are a number of them in in your area. Give them a call and see if they have the white dial to check out.

·
Registered
824 Posts

The White dial is not a "special order". So Jared is, as usual, full of B.S. I bought mine right out of the display case.

If there isn't an AD near you, make phone calls. Call an Omega Boutique. Many ADs will send the watch via UPS. Timeless Luxury Watches in Texas, for example. I live in L.A., I have purchased two watches from them in the past, and I would not hesitate doing so again.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Very cool, and good luck on finding what you want. I don't think you can go wrong with any of those choices. Just remember to check back in here and update us.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you everyone for your input.

I am interested in purchasing from Jared for a couple of reasons. The biggest being that we have a credit card through Jared which offers 0% interest promotions. Secondly my Wife and I make all of our jewelry purchases here and have a good relationship with the salespeople. There is one salesman in particular that is always a pleasure to work with. When I spoke with him yesterday he offered a 15% discount right off the bat.

I am on the fence about the white dial. I like it, but i think it might be a little too flashy for me. I was just hoping to see it in person. I think ultimately it will be between the grey and black.
When I do make a purchase I will be sure to post it here.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hi guys,
I have been browsing the forums here for a while. This is my first time posting. I have an Omega 2265.50 that was given to me by my Father in law. I love this watch. It has huge sentimental value to me. I have worn it every day since it was given to me. After daily wear for close to 2 years, I had to take it in for service and a new battery. I have been thinking about purchasing a second watch to wear daily, to save the wear on my 2265. Looked at older speedmasters, new speedmasters. I've settled on the idea of purchasing a new Diver 300M. I just can't decide which variant I want. It is between the black dial, white dial, or the grey dial. Definitely the stainless bracelet either way. I am leaning toward the black dial. Probably because that is what is familiar to me.

I was at my AD yesterday browsing. I looked at both the black and the grey. The grey is better looking in person than any of the pictures i have seen. I do wish it was available with a black bezel and hands. I was hoping to see the white dial also, but I was told that it was only available by special order, and that it would take about 120 days for it to arrive.

120 days for a special order Omega doesn't seem unreasonable to me. But is there a reason that it wouldn't be a normal stock item? Is the white dial uncommon?
Opinions on these watches in general?

If you want my view, I prefer the black or even the traditional blue. But that’s just me. I don’t like the less pedestrian colours because I have unreasonably unyielding views about what a dive watch should look like (but that’s all about me).

But.... I’m not buying the watch, you are. So really, having worn them maybe you might find the exercise helpful to tell me (us?) what it is that you like and don’t like about each of the models you fancy... perhaps explaining it to us will help align those thoughts for you and make a decision easier....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I also like the blue dial with the blue bezel. I am not considering the blue because after I received the 2264, my Father in law purchased one for himself. Which he plans to leave for me.

I am fond of the black dial because it reminds me of the watch that I currently own. It is a look that I am familiarly with.

The grey and white dials I like because they are different from what I already have. Ultimately I would be happy with any of the variations, but I think the black is my favorite.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would love to see Omega make a variation of a grey dial with a black bezel, hands, and black outline of the indeces. Basically the white version, but with a grey dial.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I also like this version...

But it's way out of my price range, and I would not be comfortable wearing it everyday.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have owned all 3 that you are choosing from personally and from my point of view I would choose in the following order: white, black, then silver dial. The white is beautiful in person and I love the contrast between the white dial and black bezel especially as the bezel hits the light it looks lighter so it all flows nicely. Also the wave pattern in the white is more subtle which I prefer. The black is of course a classic and you cannot go wrong as it is a safe choice. The silver dial is really hard to capture in photos and does look much nicer in person but over time I found it to be a bit tiring. It was too much silver between the dial and the case, bracelet. Putting it on the blue strap helped but overall I fell out of love with it quickly.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts