WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Nice clean shot.
Yeah. I like that you didn't monkey around with DOF shenanigans. There's this weirdo "bokeh fetish" in the photography world right now that drives me up the wall. 99 times out of 100 I'd rather see a crisp image corner to corner rather than the "buttery" or "creamy smoothies" (or however the hell they describe shallow DOF) in the background. So thank you for keeping the image clean and tight.

And don't get me going on software-created faux bokeh... (I'm looking at you, Google!)

·
Premium Member
38,906 Posts
Very nice. Clear, well framed, excellent detail.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
12,796 Posts
Just another example of why I continue to be more impressed in the quality, fit and finish of $50 watches than I am of $5000 watches.
Nice shot (to the OP).

And yeah, Seiko 5's really bring a lot to the table for a little money. I had one once and was looking at it with a loupe (just because). I noticed something on the crystal so I tried to clean it off and it wouldn't. Looked more closely and it was a "5" (the Seiko 5) laser etched into the crystal but so subtle I had to look several times with a loupe to see it. I was amazed that an $80 watch had that level of detail.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Nice shot (to the OP).

And yeah, Seiko 5's really bring a lot to the table for a little money. I had one once and was looking at it with a loupe (just because). I noticed something on the crystal so I tried to clean it off and it wouldn't. Looked more closely and it was a "5" (the Seiko 5) laser etched into the crystal but so subtle I had to look several times with a loupe to see it. I was amazed that an $80 watch had that level of detail.
Good for you. I'd have scrubbed till it came off.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Nice photo but I was expecting a closer shot - isn't that what "macro" means?

·
Premium Member
9,681 Posts
An excellent photograph of the Seiko 5, and does a great job in bringing out the detail and colour on both the dial and the handset.

·
Registered
Just one more TX Timex Enabler Club - Broths Hams n Subs
12,606 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts