WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I saw a cal. 265 on ebay this eve that had playing cards to represent the numbers on the dial. The write up said the dial had been refinished, but does anyone know if Omega actually made such a face, or could an owner have had this "comissioned"? I will see if I can find some pics.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Hi everyone, I saw a cal. 265 on ebay this eve that had playing cards to represent the numbers on the dial. The write up said the dial had been refinished, but does anyone know if Omega actually made such a face, or could an owner have had this "comissioned"? I will see if I can find some pics.
my money is on Omega never having made a face like that one

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
masonic Omega.jpg

poker Omega.jpg I see another one with masonic symbols on the dial, this time a Cal. 266. From the same vendor though. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I have seen the masonic dial; but never the card dial.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Those are redials, Omega never made anything like that. Some sellers on ebay will have old ones refinished with some pretty wonky stuff. See a lot in strange colors too.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I realize that "what they are worth" is completely subjective, but how much would such a redial depreciate these watches? The both look to be in the $250.00 range. Is this reasonable, or is the seller looking to pull one over?

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
As noted previously, these are redials and did not leave the factory with these dials. Generally speaking, the redial would depreciate the value. But in some cases, it might make the watch more desirable. For example, the Masonic dial might appeal to people who specifically collect Masonic items and this should increase value.

I realize that "what they are worth" is completely subjective, but how much would such a redial depreciate these watches? The both look to be in the $250.00 range. Is this reasonable, or is the seller looking to pull one over?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are pretty neat. I wouldn't mind that playing card one. I guess it would depend on the quality of the redial for me. I don't so much mind that they are not origional, and they are unique. How valuable or those movements?

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
These are excellent movements. If everything else is original (i.e. case, hands, crown) and the dial was original - then they would be a nice deal in the 250$ range. But given the current dials, I personally would not be interested in these. My 2c.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts