WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was changing from the nato back to the bracelet, and I thought I would give it a go.

The end links don't line up perfectly with the case, so it's not a good fit, but I thought the look was interesting and kind of works.

It's a shame there is a tiny gap between the case and the end links, maybe the old gen SMP300 bracelet would work ?

In any case, I don't think I saw this one tried before, in case you were wondering. I also tried to put the AT bracelet on the SMP300 but the holes don't line up with the spring bars.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I actually really like the look of the bracelet. If only the end links were slightly more refined and fit properly. Change the clasp and you have a very good looking AT with a 60s vibe. I have only tried to change the strap on my AT once but it was really tough and didn't want to damage the lugs or scratch the watch

·
Registered
461 Posts
I wonder how the SMP looks with the AT bracelet? Did the end links not fit at all or was it a loose fit?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wonder how the SMP looks with the AT bracelet? Did the end links not fit at all or was it a loose fit?
I couldn’t get the springbars to line up with the holes. I think it would look very good with the AT bracelet (that’s what I tried first actually). I might give it another try to see. But I don’t think it fits.

I think the end links would require a bit of polishing to fit. I suppose a good watchmaker might be able to get it to fit since I think there is a bit too much metal.

Looking at how the SMP bracelet fits on the AT, you can see there is a tiny gap. So I think you would need to shave of 1mm of the end link to get it to fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, I was thinking maybe the newer AT bracelet might be a perfect fit thinking about it... Hopefully someone with the last gen AT could give it a go ?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Very interesting combination! Grows on you the more you look at it. Thanks for sharing the results.

I have thought for a while that the 8500 AT bracelet would look great on the SMPc, something about the glossy dial and the polished center links. Hopefully can get around to trying it one day.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
461 Posts
Actually, I was thinking maybe the newer AT bracelet might be a perfect fit thinking about it... Hopefully someone with the last gen AT could give it a go ?
Thanks for the feedback. So what are your thoughts on the new combination so far? Ive never been a fan of that style Bond bracelet anyway so I’ve always replaced my SMP “bond style” bracelets with a speedy style bracelet instead...

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the feedback. So what are your thoughts on the new combination so far? Ive never been a fan of that style Bond bracelet anyway so I’ve always replaced my SMP “bond style” bracelets with a speedy style bracelet instead...
I don't wear this bracelet on the AT because it doesn't fit correctly. It was really just to try it. Before buying the SMP 300 Diver 2018, I was not a fan of the bracelet either (I have the rubber on order as well), but after wearing the SMP for a few weeks now, I think it all makes sense.

The bracelet with the squared-off links, wider center link, and longer links gives it really a much more modern touch. It really fits well with the modern dial, and still has the DNA of the original one.
The quality is excellent, and the clasp a master piece, and the female end links makes the watch "kiss" my 6.5" the wrist perfectly without leaving gaps under the lugs.

So after living with it for a while now, I honestly think that Omega did an excellent job with the SMP 2018 bracelet, and I was really starting with a so so opinion about it.

I love it now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts