WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! First post here, so please be gentle. :)

I am looking to buy SKX007, and was wondering if there is a difference between the two variants.

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've been lurking on these forums for over a year and during this time I haven't heard of a documented difference between the two variants, quality-wise. If I were to buy the SKX007 I would buy the 'K' version, since it's cheaper.

This has been discussed here: https://www.watchuseek.com/f21/skx007j-v-skx007k-712378.html.

And here: http://www.thewatchforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=73423. You can also read the official response from Seiko Japan: "The watch ref.#SKX007J and SKX007K are completely same watch model. The shipping route is slightly different. We are not able to inform you of the details"

·
Registered
531 Posts
Nothing

·
Registered
1,908 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@ alexels, lsettle, stuart77: Thanks very much for replying so quickly. I will go through those links right away.

I plan to buy the one with the rubber strap, and then affix the WJean bracelet myself. :p

·
Registered
692 Posts
Welcome!

Open up a lot of "Made in Japan" Seikos, and inside it says that the case is made in (typically) China. As far as SKX's go, there's no difference apart from the writing on the dial. This doesn't apply to Grand Seikos and the like - they are made in Japan in every sense of the word.

SKX's are great watches for the money - I enjoy mine. If you like the extra text on the dial, go for the Made in Japan version - if you prefer the cleaner look, go for the K version and save a little money.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
There are only 2-3 optical differences , nothing else, I believe that the letter makes deferences only to collectors .
Some people says that the j are made in Japan and k are made in Malaysia or wherever seiko has factory .
Personally I have two k since are cheaper .

Sent from my 📱using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
I bought the J version. But if I did it again, I would buy the cheaper one. The bracelet is much more important... ;-)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just to let you'll know that I ordered the watch (from Creation Watches) and the bracelet (from William Jean). Now the waiting begins...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts