WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I intend to place an order for a Stowa Flieger Ikarus and have spent much time configuring various features. Now that I'm ready to pull the trigger, I see that the Stowa website info on Shipment and Delivery states that "custom fees and duties are issued directly by FedEx". I understand that VAT is not collected on shipments to the US. and would appreciate responses from those who have previously placed orders with Stowa describing approximate costs for custom fees and duties. Also, when does FedEx collect the cost of custom fees and duties? Thanks for any and all comments that clarify these questions.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
I’ve ordered two Stowa watches and both times FedEx has sent a duty charge. Its about $20 give or take. Didn’t seem to be based on price. They send a invoice about 2/3 weeks later and then you just pay it online.

You receive your order and then separately a few weeks later you get the invoice.

Reactions: Frequent_Flieger

·
Premium Member
32,617 Posts
Fed Ex will zap you, usually for not more than $20 give or take, and they are not the quickest about sending you an invoice as well, so be prepared for incoming......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts