WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
101 - 120 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
WOW! :-! :-! Thanks Kojikabuto! That was awesome! :-! :-!

I'm new to Squale so please be gentle with me :) I have a Squale Saphir 2001. The word "Saphir" refers to sapphire carystal? Does my 2001 have a sapphire crystal? Is this why the crystal looks new even after all of these years? When were the "Saphir" 2001 made? Here's a fewQ&D's of my watch. Thanks guys! :)
;-) Hi Cmoy,sorry for the late replay,
this days im travelling away because of work and i am pretty busy

your 2001 Shappire should be 1972/1973 model
its been a good purchase,and looks only the bracelet its not original to the watch, i remember having a look at the auction
you are fortunate i have been busy..:)

yes if it has not been replaced afterwards, that cristal has to be shappire
in fact the 2001 model was the first to introduce shappire cristals in the squale range of models

i still owe you all the second part of the review,i will post it as soon as i find
some spare time, do not miss it, meanwhile, pk-diver can keep you updated;-)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Hi guys, thought I'd post a couple of pics of 2 Squale that I have in the hope that you can tell me how old they are?

Dacor Squale 30ATM (300M)

Squale 50ATM 2003

Thanks in advance :-!

Mark

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
meanwhile i prepare the next part looks like we have a leak

opinions?
Hi Squale Master (Kojikabuto),

First I am not happy with you :-| because you gave us the Squale Fever and my doctor says "the only way to cure the desease is to have all the Squale models in your collection..." :-d

So I already have 3 of them ( 50 atm ) and just confirm a purchase for a 101 atm (2002 with Tritium dial).
I prefer the Tritium version to new ones in your pictures :
_ The Helium Valve contradict with Squale history mean case without HV for deeep diving.
_ The lume is not Tritium anymore.
What is the Lume on this model ?
I don't like it, this green lume looks cheap.

Also this model does not look like on the one that Squale promote on their website, that particular one is more esthetic and the dial looks like cmoy one. Is your 2 models current production ?

Beside I read in an other post that Jenny use to produce for Squale until 1999 is that true ? Do they have a share in Squale ?

I appreciate your knowledge about Squale.

P/S : Yes there is a leak of your photos from an other seller here.

FrancoThai

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Oh...Just noticed an other change in the 101 atm : the inside bezel part is "round" and not "angular" anymore which disminish the original 101 design.

I definitely prefer the original design.

I just like the lacquered dial on the new version.

Reading Squale description, I understand that the model you present here is their new production. However, this model is due to be available next October. Do you mean Squale is able to offer the new 101 now ?

An other seller propose them already in the sales forum using the same photos...what is going on ?

Apart of that, I am still curious about the Squale Vintage collection, any info ???

FrancoThai

·
Registered
64 Posts
little by litle

those photos came from a seller here..so all we can do is guessing for now

in my opinion that should be an early prototype, and not the definitive model

months ago there were another prototype photos popping around
with the old case and the old bezel

_ The Helium Valve contradict with Squale history mean case without HV for deeep diving.

no doubt, from the early drawings looks that it wasnt to be

But seems at the end they decided to implement one, in any case its a plus to justify the price

its understandable... this is not a reedition, its a full new product
this 101 should be a different concept and something new.. why its not a release? you will find it soon..

_ The lume is not Tritium anymore.
What is the Lume on this model ?
I don't like it, this green lume looks cheap.

well... looks like the dials in this prototype are old stock from 2002 blue bezeled models

as long as i know there were 4 combinations available of 2002 models
black bezeled /black dial tritium and blue bezeled/black /yellow/blue dials
and those dials were not tritium,depending on age those greenish markers should must probably be prometium

lower in radio emissions whose indication was to be
L-swiss-L or simply made Swiss made

Deposits activated by tritium: T 25
Promethium-activated Deposits: 0.5 Pm

Watches with radioluminescent emissions (ie with radioactive material) mainly designated for specific purposes, such as military watches, professional, diving (divers), etc. In this case the ISO 3157 standard strictly defines the use of radioactive material.

The standard allows only two types of radionuclides: tritium (3H) and Promethium-147 (147 Pm), which are isotopes of hydrogen (1 H) and Promethium (64 Pm), respectively, which have low energy emissions (Beta rays mainly).

so those dials shoudnt be the definitive ones and just old stock parts

there were some dial samples popping around month ago

if you look closely at the photos the new 2002 case is going to be referenced
as 2002-A by the factory, which cases with the tiny inscriptions on this dials

Also this model does not look like on the one that Squale promote on their website, that particular one is more esthetic and the dial looks like cmoy one. Is your 2 models current production ?

obviously not
this are not units of mine, are units from a seller in this forum and i simply brought them here up for discussion

Jenny use to produce for Squale until 1999 is that true ? Do they have a share in Squale ?

could be,but if there is, aint got a clue, yet squale cases are Vön Buren,
at least there was some connection with doxa

Oh...Just noticed an other change in the 101 atm : the inside bezel part is "round" and not "angular" anymore which disminish the original 101 design.

I definitely prefer the original design.

Most of us do, thats why the original vintage will always hold more value.

Do you mean Squale is able to offer the new 101 now ?

Most probably not yet

An other seller propose them already in the sales forum using the same photos...what is going on ?

i guess thats a question he should answer.

Apart of that, I am still curious about the Squale Vintage collection, any info ???

In october when, i have a little more spare time a will write the next part
posts i have been busy at the job and i want to wait to the official release to give my point of view.

Meanwhile it would be good if Pk_driver could enlighten us up a bit

Cheers;-)

·
Registered
700 Posts
Waiting for PK_Diver for more details then...
Too bad I don't have any news about the new Squale 101. Rumors said it was out in fall 2010 and now also squale.ch in the news section present the new Squale 101 out in October, as already said. The design reminds the pictures posted in aleximba83's sales pictures, but the dial is different. I knew about a limited release of yellow-faced Squale 101 with he-valve, reminding aleximbas83's last pictures, and the definitive one could be different imho... but not that different, i guess we'll see some new colour matching but the 101 design will be respected.

By the way, I love this (thanks aleximba83 for the picture), and i think Squale did well respecting their design:

picture courtesy aleximba83

The price increase could be a problem for Squale's market, as they seem to be not very aggresive... think about the dozens of newly founded 'boutique divers' internet based companies. Squale could easily ask for a premium price as they have an outstanding heritage in dive watches, and a good product - the NOS watches where excellent as well, but for forum-buyers sapphire crystal is a strong selling point: now they have it. But to realize this they should be a little more aggressive and web-oriented.

I'm very curious now... :roll:

:-!

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Hi PK_Diver,

We thought you may have some more insight...Myself has registred into orologiando and read the detail about Squale but no news about the new 101 atm :think:

About how Squale works, it is fine by me that they remain "traditional" and not too web oriented...an other brand selling the famous orange model has gone on the web craze but unfortunately has decreased in term of Customer Service <|

Dear aleximba83,

Since you have those models for sales, then I guess you have good connection with Squale, could you please contribute more by giving those information about the 101 atm questions ? Is those 101 models you have in sales are the definitive ones or a transitional ones ?

Will appreciate your insight,

FrancoThai

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Thanks so much for the infor Kojikabuto! Also thanks for being busy so I could win this auction :-d

Another question, do you know what type of strap/bracelet was oginially fitted to my Saphir 2001? Thanks again!

;-) Hi Cmoy,sorry for the late replay,
this days im travelling away because of work and i am pretty busy

your 2001 Shappire should be 1972/1973 model
its been a good purchase,and looks only the bracelet its not original to the watch, i remember having a look at the auction
you are fortunate i have been busy..:)

yes if it has not been replaced afterwards, that cristal has to be shappire
in fact the 2001 model was the first to introduce shappire cristals in the squale range of models

i still owe you all the second part of the review,i will post it as soon as i find
some spare time, do not miss it, meanwhile, pk-diver can keep you updated;-)

101 - 120 of 272 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.