WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have submitted an offer of $800 for this Baume et Mercier Capeland on ebay to which the seller agreed (though after a little bargaining), and now I am a little bit suspicious :).

Could you please help me authenticate it? I know there isn't much in terms of pictures/content of the thread, but I am sure somebody here can advise:

Baume Et Mercier Capeland Chronograph MVO 45216 | eBay

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
It's not really "vintage" so I'm not sure you'll get much help from this forum; maybe try a Baume specific forum? The <style> is vintage, but it looks like a modern reproduction of a vintage design.

As a general rule though, I'd NEVER buy a watch without seeing the movement.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
18,626 Posts
Well, in this case, on the basis of the totalizers, you can be pretty sure that it's a Valjoux 7750. And even if it's a fake, it would be a very modern one with a chinese copy of the same movement. In other words, one would not be able to tell the difference just from a few pictures (they would have to be numerous and rather detailed!). But then, this watch is or at least resembles a real model and wasn't dreamed up by some Ukrainian, Argentinian or Bombay designer so as a first working hypothesis, I would assume that it's real. For final confirmation, I would need to see the watch and movement in person, of course.

Hartmut Richter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts