WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there Fellas, how’s it going with all of you during these times?
Hope you are all keeping well and are in good health?

I am about 2 carry out some work on 3 of my newly purchased 2209, BARREL case vintage amphibias.

There is an NOS paddle hand version and the case seems to be different from the other 2 blue dial versions. Some input will help clear my confusion.
Thanks in advance.

Stay tuned for an intense review of my first ever soviet watch collection.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
From what I can understand, the original paddle hands were the first of the 090 types and I imagine the changes to the later arrowhead hands is reflected in Vostok tweaking the production.

I noticed there is a difference between my arrowhead 090's and my later 22mm lugged 090 and the shape is different slightly as is the crown and of course the lug area, the 22mm lugged 090 also lacks the fine lining the arrowheads have which I am quite happy about as I imagine its all but impossible to faithfully reproduce that fine rays of sunshine lines on the older 090, does the paddle hands have this lining or is it flush polished?

·
Registered
10,749 Posts
In the past these minor detail measurement discrepancies have been attributed to imperfect creation/assembly of soviet machinery used to produce the old stainless steel cases. I've never seen any other consistent explanation for these differences.

This case has slight difference on each lug:

Attachments

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In the past these minor detail measurement discrepancies have been attributed to imperfect creation/assembly of soviet machinery used to produce the old stainless steel cases. I've never seen any other consistent explanation for these differences.

This case has slight difference on each lug:
Hey thanks for replying. I guess it is these discrepancies that make them intriguing, nevertheless, I really do like them.
I will be putting up another thread later on, please look out for it.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Before asking for people's attention about any new thread, shouldn't you maybe first bother to show up in the one where you supposedly were the project leader (if not for else, for simple matters of good manners)? :think:

https://www.watchuseek.com/f10/new-...er-exact-replica-5015709-10.html#post51326023
hey, thanks for gettiing in touch. I really did not know if the project would hold anymore. I am really surprised to se. all the progress that been made. To be honest, there is nothing I can add to the thread because all the decisions that have been made are in agreement with the vision I had and still have. I do hope to purchase one when it's completed and participate in the polls.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts