WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Watchuseek Community! First of all thank you for all of the excellent reviews and information over the years... I am a long-time reader, but this is my first post:

I’m trying to determine the date of manufacture of my Casio G-shock GWM-5610-1 based on the batch number: 302A332J. I’ve noticed some erratic changes in the L-M-H battery charge indicator, and trying to figure out if this is normal or if it is indeed time to sit down with some plastic tweezers and swap a CTL1616.

Based on some limited research, the 302A Indicates that it was produced in Casio’s Thailand Factory. The 332J indicates November 28, 2010 OR November 27, 2020 (Leap Year), because the J can mean 2010 or 2020.

The 3159 Module has been produced since 2009, which led me to believe this watch could either be six months old, OR ten years and six months old. However, it appears the GWM-5610-1 in its current form has only been produced since 2012, which would indicate the J in fact stands for 2020, but I am not sure and have found no definitive answers this or any other website.

My question to the experts is: Based on the Model/ Module/ Batch numbers above, how old is my watch?

Thanks again for years of excellent info!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hello Watchuseek Community! First of all thank you for all of the excellent reviews and information over the years... I am a long-time reader, but this is my first post:

I’m trying to determine the date of manufacture of my Casio G-shock GWM-5610-1 based on the batch number: 302A332J. I’ve noticed some erratic changes in the L-M-H battery charge indicator, and trying to figure out if this is normal or if it is indeed time to sit down with some plastic tweezers and swap a CTL1616.

Based on some limited research, the 302A Indicates that it was produced in Casio’s Thailand Factory. The 332J indicates November 28, 2010 OR November 27, 2020 (Leap Year), because the J can mean 2010 or 2020.

The 3159 Module has been produced since 2009, which led me to believe this watch could either be six months old, OR ten years and six months old. However, it appears the GWM-5610-1 in its current form has only been produced since 2012, which would indicate the J in fact stands for 2020, but I am not sure and have found no definitive answers this or any other website.

My question to the experts is: Based on the Model/ Module/ Batch numbers above, how old is my watch?

Thanks again for years of excellent info!
On what date did you acquire the watch? Was it new or pre-worn?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Acquired it two weeks ago new.
Odds are its the 2020 model year. Why not call Casio USA and get the answer from them?

Casio Support Phone Numbers

• For Customer Service or Repair Support in the USA at 1-800-706-2534 during regular business hours (currently Monday-Friday 9:00a.m. - 5:00pm EST, Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.)
  • For Technical support in USA at 1-800-435-7732 during regular business hours (currently Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. - 8:00pm EST for all products, Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m)
🍀

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
If gwm5610 was not yet released in 2010, then it must be 2020, right? I think it only makes sense if the batch number indicates watch manufacturing date, not module manufacturing date.

if you purchased from a reputable source, chances are the watch is not tampered with. So could be bad luck with the battery. Otherwise could be a hundred things.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
erratic how? please go back to read the manual again about the solar battery
as long as the G tells time, it works - atomic is a bonus - solar is not even a big deal, non-solar even lasts more than 10 years

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
erratic how? please go back to read the manual again about the solar battery
as long as the G tells time, it works - atomic is a bonus - solar is not even a big deal, non-solar even lasts more than 10 years
I was, thankfully, able to read the manual, and have done so for all of my g-shocks. However, it’s been my experience that wearing the tough solar models outdoors for several days moves the charge indicator to H and it tends not to move from there. This is the first model I’ve had show M and L charge indications seemingly at random several times each day.
Plus: I’d just like to understand the batch number dating. It’s an interesting part of owning a solar Casio.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
did you use the light button at all or ??? I once sunbath my orange King under the California summer for a week to get it moving from M to H

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Used the backlight once or twice, not excessively and not on Automatic.

Thank you, my grasp of the G-shock features and fundamentals could always use some improvement... but really I’m just trying to figure out if that “J” is 2010 or 2020.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
If it's just rotating between M and L, and only a few times a day, i.e. not jumping back and forth every second, then it might be because the charge level is actually at the borderline of M and L. Sometimes my solar G is at borderline between M and H, it would show H and then if I hit the backlight, or sync, it goes to M, and if exposed to sun for a few minutes, it goes back to H.

I would suggest to take it off, properly charge it under the sun for a few hours, see if it stays at M. Just wearing it gives inconsistent charge, depending on where you are and how you hold you wrist.

I was, thankfully, able to read the manual, and have done so for all of my g-shocks. However, it’s been my experience that wearing the tough solar models outdoors for several days moves the charge indicator to H and it tends not to move from there. This is the first model I’ve had show M and L charge indications seemingly at random several times each day.
Plus: I’d just like to understand the batch number dating. It’s an interesting part of owning a solar Casio.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts