WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Hope everyone is staying healthy.

I typically open the backs of my watches to admire the movement and typically do not have issues putting everything together -- this is the exception.

After opening the back of my Oris 65 42mm, the gasket seems to be VERY stretched out, to the point where it does not fit into the grove on the back of the case. Looks like I'll need to find a new gasket that actually fits in the watch.

I was unable to find proper gasket information from the Oris website and a certified Oris watchmaker will NOT help me because he is apparently not allowed to, per warranty and/or certification, apparently.

Could someone point me in the right direction? I want to put this piece together and put it on my wrist, where it belongs. The watch has been out of commission for 2 months - while I worked on finding the gasket - and I now miss it more than any of my other watches. The piece is beautiful.

Anyway, thanks in advance, all!

·
Premium Member
68,144 Posts
Oris restrict the supply of spare parts to their authorised repairers so I can imagine you having problems sourcing one. Could you, perhaps, source a generic gas kit instead and use that?

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
You need to measure the inside diameter and outside diameter of the groove the gasket fits in, and just order it based on those dimensions. Cross section of the O-ring is likely going to be either 1 mm or 0.8 mm, as those are the most common in dive style watches.

No idea what the size is, but for example a typical O-ring will be something like 35mm ID and 37 mm OD (1 mm cross section), or maybe 35 ID and 36.6 OD (0.8 mm cross section).

Cheers, Al

1 - 3 of 3 Posts