WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All Members,

Recently I have purchased two Marathon Military watches. The model are:
MIL-W-46374E and MIL-W-46374F. Both are 17 Jewels, hand-winding movements.

I did open SANDY watch before but these watch I have no ideal how to open. On the back of SANDY watch; I used a flat-watch-scredriver to lift the shaft of the latch up, then pull the crown. crystal and movement will be lifted from the front after crown-stem removed.

On these Marathon, I have no way to insert the screw due to no available groove bettwen the case and the latch. I am crying out loud now, please help :think:

Thank you for help.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
They really weren't made with the intent to open. But, if you really have to.

1) Push straight in on the little silver dot on the back, after a little pressure they will suddenly pop in.

2) After it has been pushed in, gently pull the stem out, you may have to wiggle it a bit.

3) Remove crystal, and dump out movement.

Assemble by first pushing the metal bit back out, replace movement, then stem, then crystal.

Understand that the water resistance is likely gone and the little silver piece on the back may not stay in place as it was just pressed in place.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you lysanderxiii for helping me.

I didn't know that, SANDY pulling and this is pushing!

They are NOS for 15 years, but still keeping good time, 30 second per day. I will take your advise and open them for ultrasonic and Swiss oil when the accuracy drop lower than that.

Wish you have a good weekend.

PS: I have been in Casio G-Shock for awhile, this time fall in love with Military watches. May be seen too much war movies :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts