WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a swiss army ambassador, with eta 2834-2 movement. The keyless works messed up so the winding stem won't stay...did some research online, looks like I should be able to fix the keyless works if I can reach it...but I did not have much of luck in the past to deal with the calendar disks. The last time I tried it on a different movement, I messed it up... this time this is a much better watch/movement so I want to be very careful. Anyone has any instructions/direction on how to take the calendar disks off, and a diagram or pictures, etc. will be very helpful. Also - what is the safest way to remove the little tiny clip which holds the calendar disk? Last time when I did this on a different watch, it flew away and I still can't fine it... :(

Here is a picture of the movement I am working on.
Thank you in advance!

Metal

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
. . . . The keyless works messed up so the winding stem won't stay . . . .
The yoke/clutch lever just spontaneously combusted into disarray and chaos without exterior provocation?

The universe was in equilibrium and then suddenly sprang from its axis?

Antimatter saturates matter without causation?

Sure.

lol.

What really happened?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL...I guess I will have to tell the story.

It is a nice watch but it is losing about 1 minute per day, so I figured to take the movement out and do a little study...and I pressed the stem release button too hard and too much... ;-). I had work on other older movements (not eta) before even omega's, but this stem release button is tricky and of course it was my fault...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think what I am going to do is taking pictures after each step...then reverse it and put everything back - following the pictures.

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
You may wish to go to the Sellita site.

Some benefit from their color renderings.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Success!!! I fixed it!!! It took me about one hours to remove the calendar, and reassemble the keyless works, the yoke/clutch lever...and taking pictures. Taking pictures was a good idea so I won't forget where to put the parts back. Very happy and productive night :)

·
Registered
21,277 Posts
Glad to hear that you fixed it |>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts