WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I DON'T NEED THE VALUE JUST ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT:)
The watch dial is Labeled Frank P Wilde- Milwaukee
The crescent case has the crescent moon and star- guaranteed 25 yrs numbered 1487666
on the movement it has not makers mark but has the number 1516906
21 Ruby Jeweled - inscribed on movement as well as Adjusted - and Safety Pinion inscribed
on the case there are rim around the movement it has the number 7666
That is all I know - an antique dealer looked at it for a while and offered me 100 dollars but I feel that it is worth more as I think it dates around 1873-1904- so I passed on his offer as the movement and dial works great- holds time great
photo9.jpg photo8.jpg photo7.jpg photo6.jpg photo5.jpg photo4.jpg photo3.jpg photo2.jpg photo1.jpg
Thanks so much for any help identifying this watch or aprox value

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,618 Posts
Hi and welcome to WUS. Please post your query on the Vintage and Pocketwatch forum here on WUS where the gurus may have some insight. And please include some pictures that are clearer and better focused. At first glance it appears to be a watch made for or assembled by a jeweler in Milwaukee or much less likely a custom watch made for an individual of that name. It appears to use a european possibly swiss movement but I can't tell much from the fuzzy pictures.

·
Registered
31,341 Posts
Yes, sharper, more macro pictures would help, and reposting in the "PocketWatch and Vintage" section will get some of the vintage members involved.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts