WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! first post, long time stalker.
My grandmother died a couple years ago and left me a watch. It is in a safety deposit box out of state so I don't currently have access to it, I only have a photo. I know it was bought before the 2000's and that's about it. It could be quite old or 1999, I'd guess the 70's or 80's.
Any help would be appreciated.
More posts to come as I am looking for either a new/used watch under $1000 or multiple used for that price very soon.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Hi there and welcome.

I'm sure if you could get your hands on the UG, you could probably date it quite accurately.

A quick google seems to suggest the logo as shown in your pics was used between the early 60s and 1988 (when it was updated). Your guess of 70s/80s looks about right.

Hopefully someone with some UG knowledge can provide more info!

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for the quick reply, I didnt think to look up the logo. I will be able to get to it sometime next year, im currently living out of the country so have to make plans to go get it. Im wondering what its worth, if anything. I know there can be mixed oppinions on UG, I think i read the older they are the better so im happy to find out its older than I thought.
Any other info would be great.

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Its a fine looking watch. The guarantee card may have an exact date on it of course. But please note that we cannot and do not give valuations in this forum.

Vintage ladies' watches generally do not fetch good money - unless they are bought primarily as pieces of jewellery. If the case and bracelet are solid gold, then that's mainly where the value will lie.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts