WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve received the is vintage piece as a gift from my mom but can’t figure out what company made it.

Anyone know what it might be? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,590 Posts
It looks like someone has tried to clean the dial, and damaged the printing in the process. It's possible that the movement might be marked, but most likely not.

·
Registered
624 Posts
"RO..." makes me think Roamer, Ronda, Rodania. It doesn't look like the Roamer logo, I've never seen a Ronda-branded dial, doesn't really look like Rodania. It might be the scratched crystal that is obscuring the logo somewhat, but also what @Dan S said about a smudged dial.

For a lot of watches like this, the name printed on the dial isn't as interesting as who made the movement, for that you'll have to look at the movement inside the caseback. If you post a clear photo of the movement (any text on the movement should be readable) someone can identify it for you.

It looks like a very simple watch from the 1950s. A lot of these watches didn't have memorable brands and certainly not memorable models. The dial is in poor condition. It might still be quite functional, if you want to use if for timekeeping it will need a service. Cleaning it up and replacing the crystal, replacing the missing seconds hand, and possibly reluming the dial, will make a definite improvement.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I’ve received the is vintage piece as a gift from my mom but can’t figure out what company made it.

Anyone know what it might be? Thanks!
With "unbreakable mainspring" it's probably a cheap pin pallet escapement similar to one in this WUS post HERE. If so, I woudn't worry about the dial or the name of the watch - just give it to your kids to play with. Despite my previous statement it's a fact - pin lever watches can keep pretty accurate time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts