WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all -

I started getting into watch collecting just last year, and now I am hooked. I bought my first "nice" watch in 2002 for my 10 year wedding anniversary -- a Raymond Weil Parsifal W1 quartz chrono. I loved that watch then, and I still love it now.

But then last year I discovered automatics, and that's when the fun began. In 2012, for my 20th wedding anniversary I bought a Bulgari Bulgari automatic chrono (which I love, but it's more of a "dress" chrono), then a Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic (non-chrono), and most recently a Zodiac Calame Automatique chrono (which is very "dressy").

After all of these purchases, the Raymond Weil is still my only "sporty" (non-dress) watch, and hence is still my daily wearer. However, it's quartz...and I want to replace it with an automatic to wear on a regular basis.

This is the criteria for my search:

* Something in the "sporty chrono" category...casual, but elegant all the same.
* Prefer a date complication, but not necessary.
* Really want a blue dial...but black, white, or grey would be OK
* Round stainless steel case with tachymeter or rotating bezel. No gold. No rubber (except on the band). No square faces.
* Stainless steel or rubber bracelet. No leather (my Hamilton and Zodiac are leather)
* Prefer an ETA 7750 movement (or based on that). My Hamilton and Zodiac are both ETA 2824 movements (Zodiac has a Dubois Dupraz module on top). The Bulgari has a Gerard Perregeaux movement. I'm missing a watch with the ETA 7750 movement, and I would like to round-out my collection if possible.
* Size must in the 38-41mm size (w/o crown). I have small wrists, so even 41mm is pushing it. :(
* Price up to $2000. I have purchased all of my watches in "gently used" condition to avoid depreciation, and would like to buy this watch used too.

Watches I've been considering so far include: Omega Speedmaster, Omega Seamaster, Longines Conquest, various Tag Heuer models (6000, 2000/Aquaracer)

Are there other nice watches out there that I should also consider? I don't know much about watches outside the "major" brand names, so I am pretty sure there are lots of options I don't even know about.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Thx...Doug

·
Registered
291 Posts
For me it would probably be between the Omega Speedmaster and a Tag Carrera.

I think that the Sinn 6000 is an absolutely gorgeous chrono, but it doesn't meet a lot of your specifications (price, tachymeter)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hello
I think you can get the
ACCUTRON VX-200 Chronograph 28C05. This watch came in 3 colors. So there is a blue one 28C04, check it out. You should find one for less that $1000.00 dollars, sometimes for less than 600 if your lucky. I personally think the one that I have is the best version of this watch but that is a personal taste. I hope this helps.

Current watch collection
:

ZENITH vintage manual
DOGMA Tudor movement vintage
OMEGA 14K Gold integral case and bracelet vintage manual
OMEGA Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
OMEGA Seamaster Professional 2531.80.00
LONGINES Master Collection Moonphase L2.673.4.78.3
ORIS Big Crown Complication 01 581 7566 4061-07 5 19 53
SEIKO Marine Master 300M SBDX001
SEIKO mesh bracelet solid case manual vintage
ACCUTRON VX-200 Chronograph 28C05
ACCUTRON Gemini Chronograph 26C03
INVICTA 9937 Coin-Edge Bezel
TISSOT T-Lord Chronograph T54.1.427.52
TISSOT Seastar 1000 T19.1.583.41
TISSOT T-Touch II Titanium T047.420.44.057.00 Quarts
TISSOT PR200 Chronograph T28.1.1486.61 Quarts
SWATCH Quarts
SWATCH Irony Quarts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello
I think you can get the
ACCUTRON VX-200 Chronograph 28C05. This watch came in 3 colors. So there is a blue one 28C04, check it out. You should find one for less that $1000.00 dollars, sometimes for less than 600 if your lucky. I personally think the one that I have is the best version of this watch but that is a personal taste. I hope this helps.
Thanks for the advice. I looked at that watch, and I really like the dial. However, the bracelet is a little busy for my taste...and after looking at the photos of the watch, I think I like brushed bracelets a little more than polished. Is there only 1 version of the bracelet?

Who makes Accutron anyway? I never heard of that brand before. The logo looks very similar to Bulova (another watch brand I know little about).

Thx...Doug

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For me it would probably be between the Omega Speedmaster and a Tag Carrera.

I think that the Sinn 6000 is an absolutely gorgeous chrono, but it doesn't meet a lot of your specifications (price, tachymeter)
I definitely like the looks of the Speedmaster over the Seamaster, plus I like it's history ("first watch on the moon"). The Tag Carrera is a gorgeous watch...I had no idea it came in blue (just checked). I will add that to my list. It is much better looking than the other Tag watches IMHO.

And that Sinn 6000...wow...that is a beauty...but a little out of my price range. This is another brand I have never heard of...is it German, or Swiss?

Thx...Doug

·
Registered
291 Posts
I definitely like the looks of the Speedmaster over the Seamaster, plus I like it's history ("first watch on the moon"). The Tag Carrera is a gorgeous watch...I had no idea it came in blue (just checked). I will add that to my list. It is much better looking than the other Tag watches IMHO.

And that Sinn 6000...wow...that is a beauty...but a little out of my price range. This is another brand I have never heard of...is it German, or Swiss?

Thx...Doug
Sinn is German. They make other chronos you might be interested in as well, though I believe they're usually black.

Check out the Sinn forum: Sinn

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Blue sporty chrono <$2000 = Hamilton Pan Europ, shame about your size requirement - that means you would be looking for the original vintage version, and they are RARE.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
IMG_1894.jpg

The Hamilton Pan Europ would be a great choice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts