WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need another daily/beater watch for abuse and what's better than getting a Casio? :)

Anyhow, here are my choices and reasons why I like/love 'em:
MTP4500: Classic black styling, the orange needles & lettering give it a hint of sportiness, not too flashy, can be worn in a variety of situations.

MTP4700D: My favorite color for dials and basically, I don't have an ana-digi watch in my collection right now.

Both are priced at $45-50 a piece. I thought about getting a Waveceptor but most are priced in the $150 range which really removes them from the category of daily abuse timepieces.

Feel free to chip in with other watches in this price range (<$100) that have classic dive/chrono styling with no G-like bulges. I already have the hottest (?) Casio watch under $50 at the moment - the excellent MDV102, if you were thinking about recommending that. :) Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I would go for the first one. Rectangular windows in round watches always look clumsy and unattractive to me - up to and including Breitling.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
I like the first one better.
Normally I would prefer digital/ana-digi over regular chrono,
but negative displays are just a bit hard on my eyes under low light situations.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Well, since you already have the MDV102, I'd stay with that really. The led backlight is what does it for me. And like tribe...I don't like sqare windows in a round watch either.

But if you must get one, go for the MTP4500. The black/orange combo really works for it. I usually prefer blue dials too, but that MTP4500 is really killer looking. And it looks like the stopwatch feature of the MTP4500 is bigger too (12 hrs vs 59:59:59?).

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
First one as I prefer Balck to Blue and the rectangular windows on the blue one look awkward.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies guys. I was leaning toward the MTP4500 myself but wanted reassurance from some WISs out here. :)

However, I just saw another great looking Casio, or Oceanus to be more precise. It's dirt cheap (for an Oceanus) @ $70 and looks fantastic though I'm not too sure what the switch at 7.30 does (atomic sync isn't listed on the spec sheet for this model). Question is, would you still choose the MTP4500 over this one?

Oceanus OC500D:

TIA.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Between the three you listed, I would go for the OC500D
because it doesn't have the speed calculating ruler on the
bezel, therefore looks cleaner.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ended up buying the MTP4500 for a super-cheap $50 to complement my MDV102 as a daily beater. Pics and review (if needed :D) to be posted very soon.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Ended up buying the MTP4500 for a super-cheap $50 to complement my MDV102 as a daily beater. Pics and review (if needed :D) to be posted very soon.
pics and review is necessary. i would like to c how it really looks like and how it feel on the wrist. we'll be waiting.....:-!

great purchase, btw !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
646 Posts
pics and review is necessary. i would like to c how it really looks like and how it feel on the wrist. we'll be waiting.....:-!

great purchase, btw !!!!!!!!!
ditto, it's a nice looking watch. The Oceanus OC500D looks interesting too.
This forum just keep hurting my wallet. :-!:-!:-!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts