WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys & Girls, newbie alert!!!

I'm wanting to buy my first mechanical watch, and I have some fairly specific ideas about what I want, but so far I haven't found a single watch that incorporates all of them! I've been trawling these forums as a lurker for a while, but where I live there is no broadband internet, so I'd appreciate a little help!!

It should have:

1) Roman numerals or "Longines" style numbers (a la second-setting watch)
2) Day & date indication (preferably window-style 2386-2, but date pointer is also an option if on an INNER ring, not the outside ring of the watch face), or "Vollkalender"
3) Have classic-looking hands
4) Hand-wind is an option
5) Be no more that 43mm across, no smaller than 38mm
6) Maximum price about 3500 Euros

The nearest I have come is the Aerowatch Phase de Lune Auto 1942, but for me it is missing minute marker dots on the outside of the face.

62902-AA01.jpg

I hope somebody can help!!!

Thanks in advance

Rob

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike, I have already looked at the Pharo, but I would prefer the date to be on the inner ring, as on the Aerowatch, and without chrono. The Limes does look pretty though!

·
Moderator at Large
53,199 Posts
Epos Emotion, almost a copy of the Aerowatch. 1500 Euro, formerly known as Epos Passion.

Louis Erard 1931 Mondphase Vollkalender Automatic, new at Uhren Haeffner for about 1300.

·
Registered
5,164 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK thanks for the suggestions Mike, I have found at least pretty much how I would most like the face to look - see the pic of this Citizen Eco-drive

citizen-gents-stainless-steel-watch-on-strap---bm8240-11a.jpg

Nice & simple. I just can't seem to find anything like this in a mechanical version. They all seem to look like the Rolex "day-date" with the large day window, it's in vogue I guess. I know the movement exists for something like this because Fortis does a B-42 automatic day/date using the ETA 2386-2.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Rob

·
Registered
17,054 Posts
Wrong markers and probably not what you're looking for, but I like my Visodate (though I have the black dial):

41d-3lqRN6L.jpg

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
Jeez, fantastic watch! Easiest date function to read of all designs. I don't know why more manufacturers don't use it.
The photo posted by mike is most likely a valjoux 7751 powerd wristwatch. This movement and layout is used by many many brands.

·
Banned
53 Posts
OK thanks for the suggestions Mike, I have found at least pretty much how I would most like the face to look - see the pic of this Citizen Eco-drive

View attachment 572482

Nice & simple. I just can't seem to find anything like this in a mechanical version. They all seem to look like the Rolex "day-date" with the large day window, it's in vogue I guess. I know the movement exists for something like this because Fortis does a B-42 automatic day/date using the ETA 2386-2.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Rob
That's a good looking watch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts