WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Please help me find my perfect watch!!!!

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  M. Montaigne 
#1 ·
Hi Guys & Girls, newbie alert!!!

I'm wanting to buy my first mechanical watch, and I have some fairly specific ideas about what I want, but so far I haven't found a single watch that incorporates all of them! I've been trawling these forums as a lurker for a while, but where I live there is no broadband internet, so I'd appreciate a little help!!

It should have:

1) Roman numerals or "Longines" style numbers (a la second-setting watch)
2) Day & date indication (preferably window-style 2386-2, but date pointer is also an option if on an INNER ring, not the outside ring of the watch face), or "Vollkalender"
3) Have classic-looking hands
4) Hand-wind is an option
5) Be no more that 43mm across, no smaller than 38mm
6) Maximum price about 3500 Euros

The nearest I have come is the Aerowatch Phase de Lune Auto 1942, but for me it is missing minute marker dots on the outside of the face.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

I hope somebody can help!!!

Thanks in advance

Rob

See less See more
#5 ·
#6 ·
OK thanks for the suggestions Mike, I have found at least pretty much how I would most like the face to look - see the pic of this Citizen Eco-drive

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

Nice & simple. I just can't seem to find anything like this in a mechanical version. They all seem to look like the Rolex "day-date" with the large day window, it's in vogue I guess. I know the movement exists for something like this because Fortis does a B-42 automatic day/date using the ETA 2386-2.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Rob

#11 ·
OK thanks for the suggestions Mike, I have found at least pretty much how I would most like the face to look - see the pic of this Citizen Eco-drive

View attachment 572482

Nice & simple. I just can't seem to find anything like this in a mechanical version. They all seem to look like the Rolex "day-date" with the large day window, it's in vogue I guess. I know the movement exists for something like this because Fortis does a B-42 automatic day/date using the ETA 2386-2.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Rob
That's a good looking watch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.