Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

Please help me identify if my Franck Muller 7880 DH R is genuine or not. It is a second hand one, I have got it from a friend of mine because once I saw it I got attracted to its sophistication as it is a masterpiece no matter if it is genuine or replica and ofcourse he was so generous to give it to me. But of course would be great if it is the genuine one.
below pics taken for this watch
I appreciate your help, many thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Simons194, that was turbo-quick reply
Actually no I don't know if it is fake or not, that is why I asked for help
thanks anyway

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Sorry, its a fake

It is a fake...

The hour registers are a clear give away. When you look at a genuine model, you will see the location of the 6 and 9 and the two 18s with respect to each other are too wide appart vs. the real watch. The real watch was $25-30k. A used one in good shape would probably go for >$15k.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Re: Sorry, its a fake

I cannot help but be utterly amazed when seeing threads like these.. Do you really think your friend would give away a 20k $ watch? Unless he's an Arab sultan with 50 gold and pink lamborghini's the chance is honestly quite slim. This is imo the same as the threads like "I bought this watch for 50$ is it the real deal and did I make a 19.950 $ profit?" Sorry kid for being harsh but that's just simply not how the world works..

·
Registered
40,224 Posts

Or, "I just bought this watch and I like to know if it's real"?
I cannot help but be utterly amazed when seeing threads like these.. Do you really think your friend would give away a 20k $ watch? Unless he's an Arab sultan with 50 gold and pink lamborghini's the chance is honestly quite slim. This is imo the same as the threads like "I bought this watch for 50$ is it the real deal and did I make a 19.950 $ profit?" Sorry kid for being harsh but that's just simply not how the world works..

·
Registered
193 Posts

Well, more often than not, the price you paid is a good litmus test of the authenticity of the piece. You're not going to score a Patek for $100 from that dingy old hardware store.

And when someone gives away a purportedly expensive watch to you without any reason other than for laughs and giggles, you can be pretty sure it's not going to be the real deal.

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts

Alright, we're done here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.