WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
this movement was a Ebauches of Billodes, George Favre Jacot then become Zenith caliber 54 called Turques.
regards enrico

·
Registered
7,778 Posts
Not necessarily might these additional jewels have had any function. Possibly some were simply additional capstones.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
THe movement is a generic Lepine V with lever escapement, which get his name by the typical bridge form. They were build in a big amound by differend producers manly as a ebouche. Billodes/ GF-J was only one of them and this isn't a Zenith caliber 54 called Turques. Unfortunately I've only a picture of an Lepine V ebouche from Yapy with cylinder escapement:

SAM_2980.JPG
Simular peaces were sold with a bridge design for a lever escapement as well. I don't know enough about Dreyfuß, Marx & Cie if they produce complete on their own, complete movements or just trade.

Regards Silke

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Yes it is very confusing if you've the structure of the watch manufactures 2017 in your head. Nearly all nowadays famous manufactures was build between 1850- 1880 and they don't start as big producers. The watch industrie had been there established as a main part of the economy. Those times watches was produced in a network system with round about 3000 differend jobs around the watch/clock. One polished pins, another produced bows for cases and the best regulate the escapement who might be produced by different watchmakers (lever, leverwheel, leverbridge). Therefore it is often unpossible to detect "the maker" if you don't find any name on a watch. The lepine V was build in fact until 1920 for conservative markets when manufactures produce the majority of watches.

Here some spare parts. On the left a billodes, in the middle a unknown Lepine V with cylinder and on the right a Lepne V market Perret & Fils with these nice senceless "glasbeats". If you srew them away they don't have any contact to a pin and the sence is to look more valuable

SAM_2983.JPG

look also here: Mikrolisk - The horological trade mark index

Regards Silke

@Enrico: I love the sides of Joel Duval and visit them very often - just to look :)

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
As always everything is possible but I've never seen a billodes with bridges who are shorter than the ground platine or dial feeds srewed from above. Under the line everything is possible even if its just very unlikely. As far as I know Georges Favre-Jaot just sell complete watches with foreign marks and no ebouche without wheels and escapement. This must be the case if you find modified bridges. Don' forget this bridge design with lever escapement was the favorite in the end of the 19 century for good keywinders. Many watchmakers/manufactures/etablisseure work with them. You'll nearly always find matching parts.
You own a very nice watch out of west switzerland made for the russian market. Gread thing :).

Regards Silke

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you! But i dont own it yet, a friend of my mother gave her some watches, i should make research. One iwc, a bautte, longines and this. The identification of the other was easy.

And the condition is not that great. The one gear looks damaged(dirty, and even many dents), also all screwholes are full of scratches, plus the dial..

But the watch works well, and pretty accurate! Lol

Attachments

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
In my eyes especially the case looks gread for a silver watch which was used daily and is about 100 years old. Of course the srew tacks in the movement are annoying. Sunday golden "just go to church" watches often looks better of course :).

Regards Silke

1 - 12 of 12 Posts