Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I’ve been offered to buy this watch. I’ve been “drooling” for Panerai for a while now but I’m definitely willing to wait for the right watch as even I own few nice watches I cannot claim to be an expert by any means, especially on Panerais.

Would this be the one or should I just keep on seeking “the right partner”? :)

Thanks for all the feedback and the great forum!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
Looks fake to me,usually the GMT model with ETA doesn't have display back,besides the pin in CG doesn't sit flush,also the fonts look somewhat off

·
4,077 Posts
Horribly fake, for lots of reasons. Run away, quickly. That's a $50 Canal St. fake.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
If you buy this watch I think you will be most upset thereafter.

Everything about it is as far away from an authentic Panerai as it is possible to be..Casio every time rather than that.

·
Registered
see my sig ;-)
2,454 Posts
Fake 088

Would this be the one or should I just keep on seeking “the right partner”?
You're being offered a fake copy of a PAM088 Luminor GMT:

• Exhibition instead of solid caseback
  • Millisemation is false (there were 2900 H "2005" models and your image clearly shows H 35/2000).
  • The engraving on the rotor should be two-tone, the "PANERAI" in natural steel color, the Officine Panerai Firenze in gold (and I think the rotor shape is wrong...)
So don't touch that, not even with a ten-foot pole.:rodekaart Frankly, a real 088 wouldn't be the right partner for me anyway but like most PAMs, the 088 has it's share of admirers... :think:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.