WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this from ebay because I liked the look of it for an everyday watch.

It was sensible money but doesn't seem to work despite no mention on the advert of this. I wanted to find out which model it is in order to decide if it's worth fixing or if I should just send it back to the business seller. It cost £87.00.

The back is plain with the number 1754 stamped in it in small numbers. The box is red and has a rose logo on the outside and inside it has the rose logo with Tudor - made by Rolex-Geneva.

Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
I'd take it to a local watchmaker and have him open it to render an opinion. There's really no way for us to know what's wrong with it or how much it might cost. It could simply need a service, or it might need something more.

You should always assume any vintage watch you purchase off eBay will need to be serviced and factor that cost into your bid.

Jeannie

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I am not so worried about the cost of the repair but I am more interested in trying to find out more about the watch such as the date range/model and approx value. Strange how there's so little on the internet about Tudor.
You're certainly right about ebay. What some people seem to call mint condition I would class as average and people neglect to mention faults.

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I am not so worried about the cost of the repair but I am more interested in trying to find out more about the watch such as the date range/model and approx value.
I'm afraid I'm not going to be any help there. I know almost nothing about Tudor watches--vintage or contemporary. They haven't been sold in the US in years.

Jeannie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts