WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got this vintage patek philippe from a vintage market.is the dial and movement really patek philippe?someone know more about this?please tell me something,thanks IMG_9033.JPG IMG_9034.JPG IMG_9035.JPG IMG_9110.JPG

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
I'm not convinced this is 100% original, the movement is missing some small refinements and the number 10 on the dial looks wonky reapplied & could be a re-dial.

It's looks like a 1950s calatrava.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
99.999% sure that’s a fake – the numeral 6 doesn’t look right for a PP, and even more so, the printing on the dial.
Not aware of PP ever having used “& Co” – why would they when they’re a singly owned independent, and similarly the è in Geneve.
The sunken seconds sub-dial is also ringing alarm bells.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I don't think I've seen any fake movements with that thorough edge finishing and a balance wheel like that. Agreed on the dial though. Possible redo/redial. Numbers on inside caseback and movement match.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
^
Bit of extra effort made, especially if the price realised afterwards proved worthwhile.
Still not convinced PP ever had “& Co”, so that puts the movement in doubt for me.
One way to find out for sure though…

·
Registered
427 Posts
Second look, I'm gonna say the dial is not original at all, the naked (not under glass) pic screams it for some reason. The movement looks too good to be an out and out fake though. Look at how the regulator spring (swan neck?) is made...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Seems to be a 12-120PS movement but the stamping is in an odd spot and the bottom plate is a bit funky but it's pretty accurate to what I believe it should look like not being a real "vintage" sort of guy. The watch reference - no clue but I'd have my reservations on the dial being original and/or correct. Seeking the answer directly from Patek is going to be the only real way for you to find out.

The & Co. - the cut screws and the like are all normal for that movement.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
My vote is real but not a great re-dial. I could only find one picture on a quick Google search with a font close to that one, and I really am dubious about the size relationship between the "1" and the second numeral for "10" and "12."

1 - 17 of 17 Posts