WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Which Dial Font Do You Find Most Suitable For This Watch?

• Dial Font # 1

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Dial Font #2

Votes: 27 62.8%
  • Dial Font #3

Votes: 12 27.9%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow Watchuseekers,

Hope everyone had a great Christmas! I was wondering if I can tap into your opinions once again. I am on the final stages of my watch and I am torn between a few fonts that I have for the watch. Can you please take a look and vote on which you feel looks the best with the casing?

Please look at just the fonts and disregard the color scheme, as that will change. I really appreciate your help and hope to have the watch produced and sold in the upcoming year!

Please Vote on 1, 2, or 3 - Any opinions other than voting would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Again,

Jason

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
I hope you don't consider it a thread crap when I say, for me, 'none of the above'. The first is a bit too...out there, though of the 3 it would be my choice if pushed to choose. The middle (2) and right are ...how do I put this... much to 'common', bog standard stuff. Hey, if that's what you're after GREAT, and if that's what your customers want EVEN BETTER...I, again this is one man's opinion, just think there must be something out there that works but stands out from the pack a little more. Which leads back to why I would pick the first, if I absolutely had to choose.

·
Registered
20,990 Posts
I chose 2. 1 is a little too out there, and 3 is too traditional for how modern the watch looks.

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,775 Posts
One would be my choice IF you restored the serifs. As is the numbers look as though someone took a paring knife to them. The other two fonts are just generic easy to read arabics with no style.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great I will try your suggestions out and see how they look. In the mean time, please let me know what you think of these 3! You guys are awesome.....

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Great I will try your suggestions out and see how they look. In the mean time, please let me know what you think of these 3! You guys are awesome.....
John is totally right. add in the top of the 2, top of the 3, top of the 6 and the bottom of the 9 and I think that is your best choice. As is though, number 2 is the best. :-!

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
I really would prefer the thickness of #1 combined with the character font of #2 - so I had to vote #1.

·
Registered
9,327 Posts
I couldn't vote for any of them. Hands should all be solid. And either make it all numerals 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12, or just use markers/indices for the hour marks. Mixing it up affects readability. Second hand should be lumed or have a lume pip.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great suggestions guys. The comments really do help me with my redesigns! Please keep them coming |>

·
Registered
676 Posts
I chose 2. 1 is a little too out there, and 3 is too traditional for how modern the watch looks.
Exactly what this man says.

·
Registered
30 Posts
2 for me :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
2 without a doubt. my second choice is 1

·
Registered
889 Posts
Torn between 1 and 2. One has potential, but it's not the most legible. 2 is easier to read, but not the most interesting...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts