WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys and moderators,please let me explain.
I know this type of bad deals should be in 'watch deals' forum but this is the only place I feel good in asking for help,having good friends here in this Casio forum I like the most.

A ebay buyer has been messing with me,for what reason I do not know. If anyone knows him,ir any other info about him,pls let me know.

Now I need your opinions,so please help:-(

see this thread:
https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?p=2339009#post2339009

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hi,this guy is clearly messing you around...here is what i would do....

Firstly,change your ebay user name...so this tart doesnt recognise your name when you auction an item off again

secondly,make it clear in all auctions that returns are not accepted,and that by bidding and winning the item,the buyer has commited themselves to paying for the item won

also ask that payment is received within 3-5 days after the auction has ended

this guy is bidding on your item to annoy you...continue to report him to ebay and continue to open disputes with him until he either stops...or you sign up on ebay with a complete new user name and account.....zero feedback,but its better than being harrased by this tart

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Sorry to hear you've had all these problems Glenn.

Unfortunately, eBay seems to be full of losers and timewasters that seem to have nothing better to do other than mess everyone around. They seem to gain nothing from it in most cases other than their own amusement.

Like others have said, put some clauses into your eBay auctions. It doesn't stop everything but it can help.

You've blocked his username which is good but you can also block bidders with less than a certain amount of feedback etc... might be worth looking into that?

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys,didnt know ebay has so much seller protection to change security preferences..appreciate the infos guys..

luckily I got my GW9200MBJ and GW6900BC by my side,looking at me.. if I hadn't got them...I may be a more depressed man today..

I just blocked him,I will give all ebayers benefit of doubt.I do encourage low/zero feedback buyers...I was once like them also..

I wouldn't change my nick,after the hard work to maintain my 100% 5/5 feedback...its not worth to change...and I have a few return buyers as they remember my nick in ebay..

=)

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
You really should physically call ebay, because ebay also owns paypal, I have done this in the past and they are extremely helpfull, more helpfull than paypal is, I have actually had them release money to me early having instructed paypal to do so, I feel this is your best bet. Also, for future reference, always list in your description, no returns on this item. I would call ebay and explain to them that this is most inconvienient and not how you conduct business. Hope this helps, best of luck with this jerk!|>

·
Banned
5,850 Posts
I can't offer any advice on the seller, but for Paypal, be sure to have it linked to a secondary account that you don't use for your daily living. This way if someone hits your account, it won't be a total loss. Also try not to keep a balance in Paypal. They can take your money when it is in Paypal, but it is more difficult after you have transferred the funds to your bank account. I know that doesn't help in this instance because the guy is looking for a refund 20 minutes later. This is good protection for the guys who do the chargebacks while something is in transit.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I don't sell on eBay, but I am planning to put up something in the near future.

I don't understand, if he hasn't got a valid reason then why allow him to withdraw his winning bid? EBay rules are quite simple. Bids are final.

I would not have allowed him to withdraw his bid, and reported him for non payment.

It makes me wonder whether it is worth selling on eBay if it is as easy to get ripped off as this.

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I don't sell on eBay, but I am planning to put up something in the near future.

I don't understand, if he hasn't got a valid reason then why allow him to withdraw his winning bid? EBay rules are quite simple. Bids are final.

I would not have allowed him to withdraw his bid, and reported him for non payment.

It makes me wonder whether it is worth selling on eBay if it is as easy to get ripped off as this.
We all have fair share of meeting troublemakers both in forums or ebay when we are having sales of our watches..I am the type of person that avoid such dispute as I deem its not worth it to have him into a dispute which he may bombard me with emails,complains lodged by him(paypal,ebay etc)..

Even if I send it to him and tell him sales are final,he will still find a way to return it right..maybe saying its not as described etc and the problem never ends..

I rather spare myself from all troubles than to extend it and play along with him.I still have my item with me,no big loss..just some minor money and a huge load of happiness loss for the day..

I allowed him to cancel won auction and refund as if a person doesn't want this item means he doesn't want,straightforward.I want a smooth deal,not a stuck around deal with both parties pointing fingers at each other.

Actually this is not a 'ripoff' like you mentioned,its just a retard trying to mess around with a honest seller..and the retard won for both times.Honest seller doesn't want to entertain his emails/disputes which he may start.

I wish its just a bad dream and he stay away from he which he agreed to never bid on my items again

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Not fully up the curve on your problem, but just a reminder that you can also avail yourself of the "second chance offer" at any time if you feel the winning bidder is not legit. I've done this a few times and it works.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts