WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I am looking to buy an Omega "PIE PAN" Constellation Cal 561 (rose gold+ steel), in a decent condition. Dial condition is 6/10. Movement 8/10. Everythting else looks great. Original strap + buckle. Seller is asking for 300 USD.

Now heres the catch , one thing I spotted is that the case back is without the beautiful 14K observatory medallion.

My question -

a) is it a good deal ?

b) does missing medallion decrease its desirability for a collector?

c) how less should I offer?

d) can i buy a replacement medal to "fix" the issue, where can I buy such a medal?

Thoughts / suggestions invited. Thank you!!!

PS: unfrotunately pics are inaccessible at this point, kindly advise regardless..

·
Registered
470 Posts
Very difficult to say without pictures. Of course the lack of medallion GREATLY reduces worth.

Is it worth it? Who knows. Absent photos, we can't be sure if it is all original, or Franken

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
If the medallion was missing, the watch would have to be VERY cheap to attract me. I'd wait for a good example. One will come along if you are patient.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Now heres the catch , one thing I spotted is that the case back is without the beautiful 14K observatory medallion.
There were a very small number of Constellations of that era made with plain backs, specifically designed for presentation engraving. Without seeing pictures, it is impossible to tell if the subject watch is one of these presentation models, or just a regular Constellation missing the medallion.

A rose gold replacement mediallion would nearly impossible to find today.

gatorcpa

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There were a very small number of Constellations of that era made with plain backs, specifically designed for presentation engraving. Without seeing pictures, it is impossible to tell if the subject watch is one of these presentation models, or just a regular Constellation missing the medallion.

A rose gold replacement mediallion would nearly impossible to find today.

gatorcpa
were the gold medallions glued to the caseback?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts