WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello: Pardon me : Has my vintage Technos an AS 1130 Army movement, Wehrmachtswerk/kaliber or so called Einsatzzeitmesser? It works very well. It needs to be restored but there are no watchmakers in more than a million square kilometers. I am saving all data for my sons. Forgive me the mobile pictures.:roll:. Thank you :)
TECHNOS FRONT 1 C.jpg TECHNOS MOVT 1 cc.jpg

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Hi there,

yes, it is an AS 1130 or one of its derivatives:
bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements : AS 1130
And yes, this is a so called Wehrmachtswerk (German army movement). This is a standard for equivalent movements made by different manufacturers. They have all the same application dimensions, i.e. can be applied with the same dials, hands and cases. The reason was of course that every army prefers minor equipment with second source (or better more), but even the German army during WWII would not have called this standard Wehrmachtswerk The designation is likely an invention of military watch enthousiasts and marketing folks.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Dr. Ranftt: I thank you. I always thought that most watches used by german military during WWII were these AS 1130.I am amazed that this Technos still works so well since, I presume, late 1950´s or early 1960´s?
I am saving all data to my sons, so they will know the history of each watch, clock and brand that I own. They are even using wristwatches, which is not usual in my land for the youth. I am grateful.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hello Herr Richter: Thank you. This is great because I have the GP12 and the Unitas 6300 too!. Imagine the odds. All from my granddad and father-in-law. So I have three Wehrmachtswerke!. Are there more? Gracias.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Hi there,

Are there more? Gracias.
There is a fourth with sub second, the AS 1560:
bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements : AS 1560
It looks similar to the AS 1130, but actually has no single common part. Morerover there are many variants with differring details, but still the same dimensions. And last not least there is another standard with sweep second. Simply use the seach function with the key word Wehrmachtswerk here to get an overview:
bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements

Regards, Roland Ranfft

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello: Yes, they are so similar and yet no common parts. (!). I´d wish to know if my other vintage Tressa 17j has an Adolph Schild, Unitas or ETA 900. I will search now. Thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts