WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

Seems like an easy answer but I want to be sure because I bought the rubber of this 46mm:

but it doesn't fit my 47mm:

So someone with this 46mm wants it:

Will it fit ?

Assuming is what got me to buy the wrong strap for my 47mm. 46mm to 46mm sounds like an obvious fit but is it ?

Thanks in advance,
Luis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
You can tell by looking at the full reference number (long) for those watches on rubber. The digits and letters after the hyphen are the reference number for the strap. If the strap reference is the same for two different watches, then the straps are interchangeable between the watches.

I believe the strap reference that will fit the watch in the last pic is '07 4 26 34EB'. If that's what you have then it's good to sell.

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can tell by looking at the full reference number (long) for those watches on rubber. The digits and letters after the hyphen are the reference number for the strap. If the strap reference is the same for two different watches, then the straps are interchangeable between the watches.
Thank you. Do you mean this ?

He tells me his reference number is 743 7664 7253

So no huh ?

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Thank you. Do you mean this ?

He tells me his reference number is 743 7664 7253

So no huh ?
Yeah, that's obviously your strap reference number. The letters at the end that I quoted previously refer to the clasp. EB is stainless steel, TEB refers to the titanium clasp. When the strap and clasp are spec'd or ordered together they will add either EB or TEB at the end to signify it's a 'package'. The clasps themselves have their own (longer) reference number if ordered separately. It's stamped on the inside edge of the clasp.

Based on the partial reference number the buyer gave you for his watch, the full reference number for the strap version is 01 743 7664 7253-07 4 26 34TEB, so you DO indeed have the correct rubber strap to fit his watch.

The only other question is whether you have the SS or Ti clasp and whether it even matters to the buyer. The Ti watches, like the buyer's, normally come with a Titanium clasp, but the finish looks almost identical to the SS version and SS is more scratch resistant. Bottom line is either one will work depending on owner preference.

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, that's obviously your strap reference number. The letters at the end that I quoted previously refer to the clasp. EB is stainless steel, TEB refers to the titanium clasp. When the strap and clasp are spec'd or ordered together they will add either EB or TEB at the end to signify it's a 'package'. The clasps themselves have their own (longer) reference number if ordered separately. It's stamped on the inside edge of the clasp.

Based on the partial reference number the buyer gave you for his watch, the full reference number for the strap version is 01 743 7664 7253-07 4 26 34TEB, so you DO indeed have the correct rubber strap to fit his watch.

The only other question is whether you have the SS or Ti clasp and whether it even matters to the buyer. The Ti watches, like the buyer's, normally come with a Titanium clasp, but the finish looks almost identical to the SS version and SS is more scratch resistant. Bottom line is either one will work depending on owner preference.
That's awesome ! Thanks a lot for your help. He read this and is gonna buy it. Much appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts