WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello: I am saving all possible data to my sons as a heirloom. I have this Movado that seems to be for a lady? or nurse? the thing that you use to hang your watch should not be the other side to see the time better? I did not dare to open the case, by now. I shall take a picture of the movement. Seems a Movado 125 or similar 12,5 lignes. "The absence of the Movado "top hat" logo narrows the production date to 1950 through 1957, as that logo was introduced in 1958" I have read. The watch has been serviced months ago and works very well. Forgive me my rough English. Thank you
Brass Metal Brass Metal Fashion accessory

·
Registered
18,181 Posts
Interesting custom case. I too have difficulty imagining how this watch was used. It does seem to be 'upside down'. Others may know more... I hope!

Reactions: ottokees

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Looks to have been wristwatch which has been converted to hang from a hook or a nail on a wall or such like.
Useful little portable wall 'clock' for someone who worked at a bench or desk all day perhaps.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Eeeb, yes, the female owner said that her acquaintance was a nurse but it was uncomfortable to use...thank you!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello: Right, this is a very ususual watch...and has the size of a gents one. It is very soft to touch and precise, after more than 60 years. Thank you!

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
My feeling
A mans Movado watch that someone has made into a pendant watch for use by a Nurse.
It is exactly like the Nurses's style watches worn

Reactions: ottokees

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
I remember Hanhart had a wristwatch model with some similar stand which was able to be folded at the caseback.It might be well something like that, however the other lugs are gone that's certainly not the way this watch was manufactured. I can't remember that Hanhart model name, but it wasn't the flieger model, I think it was an alarm watch.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello: Technically is was used by an actual nurse...the thing is that there are no signs of the other lugs...could they be terminated so perfectly? may be yes...thank you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts