WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am a new member to WUS and fairly new to watch collecting, being I only have one, a Wenger Alpine which has served me well for a year. I really would like to purchase a diver in the next few days and have done alot of reading of other threads and websites and scanned the sales forums, although I can't find the RIGHT ONE.
My budget is between $300-$400 shipped for used, slightly higher for new. I DO NOT want a Seiko (although very good for $) or a Citizen or Orient. I would prefer an ETA over Miyota movement, but it's not a deal-breaker. It should also be no bigger than 44mm and preferably have a sapphire crystal. To make matters worse, I am not looking for a rolexy GMT style homage, more like the Helson Sharkdiver and Marathon TSAR (if I had the $ would buy in an instant). Please help me with suggestions
Thanks Cameron

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
Hi Cameron,welcome to the forum.With your size & budget constraints I would keep a close eye on the Sales Forum(and post a WTB) for a gently used Benarus Remora,42mm Helson Shark Diver,Helson Tortuga or similar.Check out the daily WRUW thread for ideas on what's available.MOST importantly BE PATIENT!As soon as you "settle"for something the watch you REALLY wanted will undoubtedly be posted for sale(NEVER fails)!Good luck...

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Great advice on the above post...I would make sure you really know what size to buy. For me, the lug to lug dimension is critical...more so than the diameter size. If you have huge wrists, then it's not a problem :) But you have to know your shoe size....before you go shopping.

So many great watches on the market...be careful, you're going to need more than one :)

Reactions: fireftr45
1 - 3 of 3 Posts