WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased this watch 20+ years ago in East Berlin (while the wall was still there). It still works beautifully. I never wore it but want to now. Just a couple questions...

1) What kind of watch is it?
2) I need a band and spring bars, but no idea what size the lugs are or where to get spring bars
3) I paid less than $10 then, are these worth anything?? Doesn't matter because it has a lot of memories and I've had it my whole military career. Just curious.

Thanks!

Jim

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi Jim.

That is a Vostok Komandirskie.
It's a very durable watch.
It's still in production and even available with a very similar dial. The cost for a new one is in the $35USD + shipping range
The band and springbars would be 18mm. Many, many bands are available, including the ones that come with the new Komandirskies.
Just check eBay. Maybe search for "Vostok Band". If you buy one, try asking the seller to include some springbars.
"NATO" bands are popular at the moment.
A 3/4" band is 19mm and would probably fit as well.

Here's one that is brand new.... I bought it for my brother's birthday.
Para1.jpg

Yours could probably use a good cleaning and oiling from a competent watchmaker, who could also sell you a band and springbars.

Have Fun,
Keri

PS. A little translation:
The "B" logo is for "Vostok" which in Russian looks like this: "ВОСТОК"
The "Водонепроницаемый" on the back means "Waterproof" (but only when you screw the winding crown down firmly)
"Сделано в СССР" means "Made In USSR"

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Great watch. The Soviet-era dial is more of a green, where the newer version is a bit more turquoise. I think the old version looks best on a dark brown oiled leather band. Here's one I had a while back -- horrible picture, but you get the idea:

·
Registered
824 Posts
Any standard 18mm strap will work on a Komandirskie. I have one Vostok with a green dial, and I found it looked very good with a $12 Timex expedition replacement strap you can buy just about anywhere. The strap was actually 20mm, but I notched it at the corners to make it work.

amph-cccp.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts