WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear gentlemen,

I've been admiring all your interesting and helpful posts since day 1 I joined. And this is my very first topic.

I've just purchased a GMT master II, used from a friend and been very happy wearing it. But one of my friends "thinks" that the clasp could be questioned. Other friends of mine (casual wristwatch wearers and wis experts) think it's ok.

I am asking for your kind hearts and expertise about this clasp of mine. Do it look authentic to you? Should I be worried? I've contacted the authorized Rolex dealer where I live but they don't do watch authentication. It feels right to me but I would like to see your ideas, so I can be completely happy about it.

Here are a few photos of the clasp, and a photo of my small collection. Hope to hear your advise!

IMG_20180920_1028324.jpg
IMG_20181009_210716.jpg
IMG_20181009_152451.jpg
IMG_20181009_163736.jpg

·
Registered
119 Posts
Its fine.

This was the old clasp with sandpaper finish and engraving, which was later on updated in mid 2015 to all polished surface.

Personally, I find the old one more aesthetically pleasing.

P.S. Nice collection btw. Love the GO.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Glad someone else could get you sorted - side note, that’s one heck of a collection!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'll second Tagmania's info. I'm just happen to be wearing my 116710LN today and it has the exact same pre-mid 2015 sandpaper finish clasp. Look exactly the same (except for the 3 digit date code which is to be expected).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts