WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a rotary skeleton watch I ordered from a reputable site off the internet, and after opening I noticed that it said it has a 2 year warranty and gave an address in hollywood to send it to. I read online that Rotary watches have a lifetime guarantee, so that made me a bit suspicious. I looked for my watch model number online and found this website in chinese. I can't read it, but that is my exact watch, the same case, even the same plastic sticker on the back with the red line that says unscrew. Can anyone that reads chinese tell me if this is just an unboxing page, or if it is advertising to sell a fake watch and if the watch they are showing is fake. If the watch on that website is fake then the one I have got is also definatly fake. If the watch on that site is legit then the one I have is legit too.

Thank you for your help!

http://ppomppu.mt.co.kr/zboard/view...c=off&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=2714

·
Moderator: F72 and F71
8,169 Posts
Korean, actually. It's an unboxing post.

He wonders that it's so low priced because of the past Swiss history of Rotary, but Rotary these days sources from both Japan and China AFAIK--and the box says "established in Switzerland" not "Swiss Made"..

No indication on the page that it's a fake and the person who took the photos likes the watch.

My guess about the warranty difference is that where you bought yours might be a reputable but "gray market" dealer and so the warranty is with the seller, not with Rotary--but that's a guess.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah yes, thank you!

I did some more research and found that Rotary doesn't give a lifetime warranty on watches purchased before a certain date in 2009, so i guess this was old stock. It was from a website that sells stuff at cheap prices, but is legit (but not an authorized dealer). It's one of those buying group type member sites that you sign up for and they have different 'events' every day. I've bought lots of stuff from them and never had problems before, but I was worried about the warranty thing.

It's a beautiful watch though, i'll post unboxing pics soon. It's my first automatic watch, and my first skeleton and it's beautiful. I took the back off of my old kenneth cole dress watch and it was basically a hunk of ugly yellow plastic with a battery that said it was made in china. The glass front and skeletal front are really nice and it's amazing to watch the movement work. It's a japanese movement and pretty nice looking, 21 jewel miyota movement.

·
Moderator: F72 and F71
8,169 Posts
Ah yes, thank you! ...

It's a beautiful watch though, i'll post unboxing pics soon.
You're welcome.

Miyota movements are very nice and, yes, please do post your photos. :-!

At any price range, Rotary has always had a very decent reputation.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Here is my 100$ Huge 52mm Invicta with the same movement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts