WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please i need help with this watch.It is Lemania 18k gold watch
Who can told me more about this watch,worth and which model it is?
Thanks

originalslika_Old-Sold-GOLD-18k-LEMANIA--69850249.jpg originalslika_Old-Sold-GOLD-18k-LEMANIA--69850261.jpg originalslika_Old-Sold-GOLD-18k-LEMANIA--69850269.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't think this is Lemania 13CH. It looks more like 15cht, but moreover it looks structurally identical to omega's 33.3. Actually, Lemania produced 33.3 for omega as a variation to 15cht, which was built into Tissot and Lemania at the time. Therefore, this particular watch is a mystery. Any other opinions?

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I don't think this is Lemania 13CH. It looks more like 15cht, but moreover it looks structurally identical to omega's 33.3. Actually, Lemania produced 33.3 for omega as a variation to 15cht, which was built into Tissot and Lemania at the time. Therefore, this particular watch is a mystery. Any other opinions?
No mystery to me since I have a couple good reference books and watch examples. migix is right. It is a very fine example of the best single button Lemania with unusual original black dial. Cannot see serial number but maybe 600+? This movement discontinued in 1935. A good guess for age 1933. Here serial 105.

documents4 205b.jpg documents4 209a.jpg documents4 387a.jpg

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Comments on the preceding: Serial 105 was maybe earliest production. Notice U.S. required inscriptions scratched by hand. The copper? dial is a nice one with fine resolution scales retaining colors and hands accurately registering. The other 14k smaller one is 1940s best from LEMANIA using the first OMEGA moon watch movement specially adjusted; thus the CHRONOMETER marking. 5 positions as a watch and 2 with chrono parts operating. PATEK is still modifying this venerable movement for their chronos. artb

Neglected to answer value because not allowed here. PAID $40. for the gold one at deceased owners estate sale. PM me for a real value.

In the moving balance photo notice the short stiff wire set to limit balance displacement when shocked.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
So, this was still a bit intriguing for me so I did some research, as there is a clear difference between 15cht and 33.3. This is what I found Il mio primo Lemania 33.3 CHRO. It seems that Lemania used the 33.3 in the early years of production (early 1930s?). It is probably not a frankenwatch as these two examples look pretty much the same (dial + movement). Omega 33.3 has maybe some crazy prices but this is very cool for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts