WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I bought this bracelet here in FS section. Can anyone verify the authenticity of the bracelet, please?

The issue that brought to me are.

1) The model # on the clasp "1503/825" is on top of the "Stainless Steel" and "Swiss Made" instead of being in between them.

2) The Engravings on the clasp aren't deep and wide enough like the others.

Is there an old version of this bracelet?

The seller offered me a full refund if I want to return it but just wanna make sure if it's authentic or not.

Here are the pictures.

Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks perfectly OK to me.
Thank you. So there is no reason to suspect that it's a fake bracelet because of the Issue no 1 stated above?

May I know the give away for a fake smp bracelet?
:thanks
@gman44116 Thank you for quick reply.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Thank you. So there is no reason to suspect that it's a fake bracelet because of the Issue no 1 stated above?

@gman44116 Thank you for quick reply.
That's a non-issue. I have two of these and they are identical.

Can't really say what a give-away would be for a fake bracelet.
Both of mine came on watches purchased from trusted ADs, so I can only be sure that this one is OK. It is identical to them.

You may want to check if the number of links is Ok. These are expensive.

My bracelets came with a total of 11 full links and 2 half links each.

Come to think of it, I am not sure if this is the official score. Others may want to corroborate.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a non-issue. I have two of these and they are identical.

Can't really say what a give-away would be for a fake bracelet.
Both of mine came on watches purchased from trusted ADs, so I can only be sure that this one is OK. It is identical to them.

You may want to check if the number of links is Ok. These are expensive.

My bracelets came with a total of 11 full links and 2 half links each.

Come to think of it, I am not sure if this is the official score. Others may want to corroborate.
Thank you. Yes I have 11 full links and 2 half links. :thanks

·
Registered
321 Posts
Not foolproof - but a few things to begin looking at right away is the engraving on the front of the clasp. The fakes are either etched (very shallow), or very deep, wide, and rough. The gen clasps have very nice, reasonably deep, but narrow and well finished engraving.

Next go to the clasp post. The fakes are usually laser welded, so you will see "tack marks" on each side of the post (not always though, about 8 out of 10). Also, look at the back side of the post connection (your pic) - you see how big the round connection part is - the fakes will be half that size (or smaller).

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Not foolproof - but a few things to begin looking at right away is the engraving on the front of the clasp. The fakes are either etched (very shallow), or very deep, wide, and rough. The gen clasps have very nice, reasonably deep, but narrow and well finished engraving.

Next go to the clasp post. The fakes are usually laser welded, so you will see "tack marks" on each side of the post (not always though, about 8 out of 10). Also, look at the back side of the post connection (your pic) - you see how big the round connection part is - the fakes will be half that size (or smaller).

Thanks Code4. Great help.

·
Registered
10,282 Posts
The word PROFESSIONAL looks wider on mine. But mine is about 10 years old and I'm sure its design changed slightly over the years. I also dont have the 925 markings between the lugs on mine, I have a 825 marking in the corner instead.

I'm sure its fine. Your like me, a bot of a worries but at the end of the day, you did the right thing buying it on the forum. I bet you saved some big $$$.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The word PROFESSIONAL looks wider on mine. But mine is about 10 years sold and I'm sure its design changed slightly over the years. I also dont have the 925 markings between the lugs on mine, I have a 825 marking in the corner instead.

I'm sure its fine. Your like me, a bot of a worries but at the end of the day, you did the right thing buying it on the forum. I bet you saved some big $$$.
The marking between the lugs is 825 not 925. It looks 9 on the pictures but I checked it and it's 8.

I'm now convinced that I got a good deal here. Thanks to all. |>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts