WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all-
I have been eyeing one of these speedmaster pros (model no. 3570.50.00) for the past month now. I would like it if some lume shots were posted here so I can get an idea of the brightness and how long on average it lasts. I have been spoiled by the lume from my Seiko diver and want to get an idea if they are comparable. :thanks

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
To be honest, I wouldn't expect the same type of glow from Speedy, as you get on a Seiko diver. Per volume, Speedy's Superluminova and Seiko's Lumibrite are about the same. The difference is just in the quantity of lume applied. Speedy has little hash marks, whereas the Seiko has big, thick chunks.

That being said, the simplicity of the hash markers and stick hands makes Speedy very easy to read in all conditions. It's just not going to be as bright in the dark.

Here are a few lume shots:

Lume shots are cool, but keep in mind that it can be tough to make a good assessment of lume quality, based on photographs, simply because camera settings make a big difference.

eric

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Here's a (feeble) effort at a lume shot...

Considering how good JW's pictures are, this is a poor imitation!

Alex:)

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Thanks much Alex and Alan. If you're interested, there's a large version (1000x665) here and an even larger version (1200x798) here.

eric

1 - 10 of 10 Posts