WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All

I am looking to purchase a Seiko and have found a good price on Shopping In Japan .NET | Shopping-In-Japan at eBay

The only problem is is that I am not very familiar with them as a seller. I have never used them before and so I am looking for some help and advice from you!

I have attempted to search google but I just keep getting results for physical shopping in Japan, rather than the seller!

So have you ever dealt with them in any capacity? How was the experience? Are they a Seiko AD? Anyone had to return a watch to them or deal with warranty issues?

I have also contacted the seller directly so I can see how there communication is and see how they answer some questions regarding warranty etc.

Thanks in advance chaps and chappesses!

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I bought a Tuna from there. There was no issues for me, and I've seen other people post that they too didn't have any issues with them.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought a Tuna from there. There was no issues for me, and I've seen other people post that they too didn't have any issues with them.
Thanks. Good to hear. This would be my first large watch purchase (relative for me) and first from Japan too, so it's a bit nerve wracking for me!

Any idea about warranty etc? Hope you are enjoying your Tuna!

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
If I remember correctly, they charge sales tax (depending on your location?) so that can skew their prices. They do have a lot of NOS and JDM models and their prices seem to vary slightly and occasionally depending on the USD:JPY exchange rate. I paid a hefty premium for my Seiko SCVE001 there but it was a discontinued model and an odd duck of a watch so had to have one. I have no regrets on that purchase.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Thanks. Good to hear. This would be my first large watch purchase (relative for me) and first from Japan too, so it's a bit nerve wracking for me!

Any idea about warranty etc? Hope you are enjoying your Tuna!
I'm not sure about warranty sorry, I bought it a few years ago. I would send them an email and ask, their communication is pretty good.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I bought my blue fin tuna from shoppinginjapan.net. no problems, & I got the watch in under a week via Japan Post. I'm not
worried about warranties because I doubt my Tuna will ever break.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I remember correctly, they charge sales tax (depending on your location?) so that can skew their prices. They do have a lot of NOS and JDM models and their prices seem to vary slightly and occasionally depending on the USD:JPY exchange rate. I paid a hefty premium for my Seiko SCVE001 there but it was a discontinued model and an odd duck of a watch so had to have one. I have no regrets on that purchase.

No worries, no sales tax, fast shipping, low prices generally on JDM models

Thank you chaps. Very reassuring and much appreciated. Wear them all in good health.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Thank you chaps. Very reassuring and much appreciated. Wear them all in good health.
Unlike other JDM gray market sellers, shipping was not free and I was dinged for $34 in shipping costs but it did arrive quickly! Again, they seem to have inventory of odd pieces longer and might charge a premium for NOS items (I'm looking at you, Seiko SARG007!) but scarcity has its fair price.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I bought my Citizen Promaster PMD56 from them... shipped to USA. No issues, very pleasant shopping / interaction experience. Would buy from them again.

Eric

Reactions: bobski

·
Registered
257 Posts
My sbdc033 blumo came from shopping in Japan. Good price, new watch, no problems, fast shipping.

I didn't pay attention to the warranty though, since I knew I would be changing the crystal and aligning the chapter ring upon delivery.

Nice experience with them. I'd definitely buy from them again if I needed a jdm model.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I'd look up what your local customs tax % is for internet purchases, to avoid sticker shock if you do get hit with a hefty bill upon arrival.

Reactions: bobski

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Unlike other JDM gray market sellers, shipping was not free and I was dinged for $34 in shipping costs but it did arrive quickly! Again, they seem to have inventory of odd pieces longer and might charge a premium for NOS items (I'm looking at you, Seiko SARG007!) but scarcity has its fair price.
Ah now that's a good one, for some reason I assumed shipping would be free! Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd look up what your local customs tax % is for internet purchases, to avoid sticker shock if you do get hit with a hefty bill upon arrival.
Here in Italy it is a hefty 22%, which almost always makes foreign purchases not worth it (the bargain thread is like torture).

They advertise the feature of understating the value of the package. I would imagine this would avoid possible taxes.

Anyone had experience with the them stating the value to be less than it is? Or being hit with customs taxes?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts