WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I might get a G-shock, for the gym and cardio.. and maybe more? :)

What are some of the best/popular models for under $100? I'm most interested in looks, functionality, popularity. It just seems there are hundreds of models out there and I get overwhelmed. Please link/post a pic and then a short description of why it's your favorite...

Many thanks!!! :-!

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
DW-5600E-1V, because it's simple, lightweight, easy to understand, durable, parts are plentiful, and it's not expensive (around $35-50 depending on where you look).

It's a good place to start, and then figure out what you like/don't like.

You want chunky? Go for a DW-6600/6900.

·
Registered
226 Posts
For that price there's a lot of choice, depending on if you're willing to buy online, want purely digital or ana/digi, if you want a chunky or slim model.

My favourites are:

DW-6600; VERY though (it will survive almost everything you throw at it), simple, huge and classic: it will not dissapoint, but it hasn't got a lot of features. (about $50?)

AWG-101; ana/digi, a lot smaller than the 6600, solar/atomic. Timefunction is primary and because of the displays that are smaller, negative and sometimes blocked by the hands less usefull. ($90?)

G2300; my latest purchase and already a real beater: a lot of features, solar, though and a very comfortable strap. ($30-40)

Money-wise the 2300 is a winner,; each has is benefits, but remember: you can't go wrong with a G |>

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
As you want to use it for exercise, I'll suggest a couple with good exercise features. The G-7700 and DW-56RT. They're both light, and well within your budget.

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
DW-9052. STW, CDT, alarm. The STW mode has a slipt/reset fuction on it. The biggest plus IMO is that the time of day is displayed in all modes. Prices run from $35 -$45 NIB.

·
Registered
888 Posts
you wont beat the price of the dw-5600E or the dw-9052.

but i'm going to think outside the box and suggest a model which is on alot of people's wish lists here. the ocean grey dw-5025D. you can get right around $100. why not start out in style!!

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=144011

it also has a 25th anniversary gold screwback case, which isnt pictured in that thread :p

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I second Lexx's choice, the DW-56RT. I have one and love it!:-!

·
Registered
946 Posts
mudman does it all

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
DW-5600E-1V, because it's simple, lightweight, easy to understand, durable, parts are plentiful, and it's not expensive (around $35-50 depending on where you look). It's a good place to start, and then figure out what you like/don't like.
What he said. Stick to the classics.

·
Registered
226 Posts
@collector8400:

but i'm going to think outside the box and suggest a model which is on alot of people's wish lists here. the ocean grey dw-5025D. you can get right around $100. why not start out in style!!

[URL]https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=144011[/URL]

it also has a 25th anniversary gold screwback case, which isnt pictured in that thread :p
The gold caseback is mentioned in this topic: ;-)

-click-

·
Registered
135 Posts
Ifnot the dw6900 or the mudman, the a glx5600 maybe? or a G7710-1? either way whichever one you choose you're going to love

·
Registered
544 Posts

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=144011

This a beautiful watch (especially without golden parts), but its not so good for a first G. There is no way to find replaceable parts for it, so this is mostly intended for collectors...

I would propose a DW-5600E. Infallible and trustworthy classic...

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
DW-5600E-1V, because it's simple, lightweight, easy to understand, durable, parts are plentiful, and it's not expensive (around $35-50 depending on where you look).

It's a good place to start, and then figure out what you like/don't like.

You want chunky? Go for a DW-6600/6900.
Wot he said! Thats excellent advice! :-!

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Glx-5600. Classic and fashion.

·
Registered
407 Posts
All is depending what´s the functions you need.
If you are looking for a hard, simple face and resistant watch....
DW5600E for sure (como dice mi amigo Vintage) but if you´re looking for all features like fashion and actual design , you can look for AW590 ana-digi series or G7710, for example. Cockpit series are nice too.

Good luck!! :-!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts