WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm looking for a diver watch similar to Invicta 8932 (40mm diameter) and Orient LUG15001B (39 mm), but I'm having trouble finding a smaller one that's around 30-35 mm since I have smaller wrists. The choices for midsize watches seem really limited. I would also prefer <~$100 and quartz.Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Humm, 30-35 and around $100 and quartz you say huh... Humm.. well I can think of some that fit one of each of the criteria but not all of them. If you don't mind sharing, what size are your wrists? The raw size of a watch isn't the only thing to consider when looking at a watch, the size of the face compared to the bezel, lug design, bracelet width, watch height, and ect. all play a role in how they look on the wrist.

-There is a seller on the 'bay who is selling an older Zodiac Sea Wolf (pre fossil era) that's 200m, 36mm I think, quartz but he wants $230 for it.
-Then there are also G-shocks that are quartz, can be had in an endless amount of styles, but tend to be bigger than 35mm although the dw5600 is quite small.
- The citizen automatic divers on the 'bay I believe are smaller than most of the Seiko divers 37-38mm can often be had for around $100.
- Traser p6500 can be had for around $100 I think and it's a bit smaller than many....

That's all that come to mind now, I'm sure others will have more for ya!

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
WAIT! haha, there is another that came to mind.

Seiko skx013- similar to the 007 divers but is a midsize watch or even the skx031 for that matter...

·
Banned
3,600 Posts
You might consider looking at either vintage watches or possibly even Unisex or Ladies watches. Many are in that particular size.

One that comes to mind is a Croton DateJust homage piece. It can be obtained in either the quartz or automatic versions, has 100m water resistance at least, but, alas, is not dive watch specific. It is 36mm and damn nice for the $$$. Lifetime warranty also.

Croton produced a 30mm Croton Rolex Sub homage piece. It is a dead ringer for a Rolex submariner. I forget if it is two tone blue dial or two tone yellow dial. Gorgeous solid stainless, sapphire, but it does have an ETA automatic with a display back. They are out of production but you would not know it is a womans watch. Definitely just a smaller version of the mens submariner.

·
Banned
3,600 Posts
How about this one....it is a vintage piece and a mens watch from the 1980's.

A great name and the size is just where you want at 30mm.

An Eberhard Swiss Diver with one of their in house automatic movements. It may be 25 years old but it has to be one of the nicest watches you could find in that size range and something of a collectors and conversation piece.

Attachments

·
Registered
639 Posts
I am not sure of the exact size, but this Dakota Berenger would seem to fit your requirements from a cost and size standpoint. I cannot find them on the internet but I still see them in the Dakota watch kiosks in the shopping mall near my house in the St. Louis area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts