WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this green Seiko 5 and found the original strap pictured here as scratchy nylon. I now have it on a green Nato strap but I'm not crazy about that either.
Any recommendations for a strap?

Reactions: SeaL

·
Registered
88 Posts
Are you still trying to stick with green? Any specific material you'd like? Nato, leather, stiched (i.e. kevlar), or perlon?

·
Registered
7,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you still trying to stick with green? Any specific material you'd like? Nato, leather, stiched (i.e. kevlar), or perlon?
I'm trying to get away from all green if possible; it's a hard watch color to do right. Also the Seiko 5 is pretty thin so some thicker straps won't work imo. No Nato's.
I was thinking maybe something like this would work.?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm trying to get away from all green if possible; it's a hard watch color to do right. Also the Seiko 5 is pretty thin so some thicker straps won't work imo. No Nato's.
I was thinking maybe something like this would work.?

That would look good. I was thinking some sort of solid brown as well. Maybe something distressed.

·
Registered
180 Posts
When I had mine (it got lost in the mail when I sent it for service) I had a handful of Barton straps because they are reasonable quality, reasonable price, and have quick change pins. I had a green canvas strap. I had a "Saddle brown" with white stitching. And I had a "gingerbread" with matching stitching.
The positives of these straps include their quick-change functionality. They're also very thin, which I liked with a watch that small. The leather is very soft and comfortable and looks fairly nice. They were a definite upgrade for my SNK and the variety made it constantly feel like a brand new watch. Unfortunately I no longer have a watch that fits these bands, so I can't speak too much for their longevity other than that in my year-ish of wearing them I never had a problem.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts