WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Please recommend straps for Maurice LaCroix and Armand Nicolet

688 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  constant change 
#1 ·
Hello all, and thank you for taking a moment. I have two on the way, and I’m pretty certain I’ll be looking to replace the bracelet/strap. I’ve included the best photos I could find, since I can’t take photos while they’re still with UPS! I’m not a big fan of bracelets (Maurice LaCroix), and it’s rare that I like an OEM strap (Armand Nicolet). My criteria are:

No exotics.
No print (croc print, etc.).
No quick release.
Must have the channels for the spring bars securely stitched.
Buckle must be securely stitched.
No deployant/deployment/whatever the correct term is.
Should be $50 or under (each), but for the perfect strap I’ll consider a little more.

and here are the not so good, but best I could find photos:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I believe we fulfill all your requirements, what do you think about our vintage- and suede leather straps? Safe 15% with the WUS member voucher code: watchuseek

The vintage military green strap could fit the ML perfectly, when you don't want to go for classic brown or black. I can also try to photoshop your choices on the two shown watches

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

#3 ·
I’m not a fan of suede - are all of your vintage-style straps suede? I’ve had a few straps from you, and wouldn’t hesitate to buy from you again if you have something with smooth leather. The quality of the straps I had was excellent! I think I tried you out because you offer 21mm straps, then I was glad I did, so I picked up a couple in more common sizes. If it isn’t widely known that you offer 21mm, you should shout it from the rooftops - they’re hard to find.

#6 ·
I'm not a fan of suede - are all of your vintage-style straps suede? I've had a few straps from you, and wouldn't hesitate to buy from you again if you have something with smooth leather. The quality of the straps I had was excellent! I think I tried you out because you offer 21mm straps, then I was glad I did, so I picked up a couple in more common sizes. If it isn't widely known that you offer 21mm, you should shout it from the rooftops - they're hard to find.
No we don't only offer suede, I linked the vintage leather straps as well - It's soft leather strap, little vintage styled - If you like it a little more classy and casual we also offer leather straps from Eulit, Eulut and Barington but only in 18-, 20- and 22 mm

Thank you, glad to hear :) yes we do offer most of our WB Original straps in 18-, 19-, 20-, 21-, and 22 mm

#7 ·
Thanks for the replies. I do like Colareb straps, but I wish they had a brown with a hint of red. I received both watches and I’m returning the ML. It’s very nice, but I just don’t think it’s worth as much as 1.5 to 2 of my others. I’m doing something I’ve done once or twice before - I’m ordering another of one I recently sold and miss. It’s an Eterna Eternity Silver Dial on a bracelet. I think I have just the strap for it, but I’m on the hunt for one to put on the AN and one to put on a Hamilton Regulator Silver/White Dial (not the newer cinema version).

#8 ·
Thanks for the replies. I do like Colareb straps, but I wish they had a brown with a hint of red. I received both watches and I'm returning the ML. It's very nice, but I just don't think it's worth as much as 1.5 to 2 of my others. I'm doing something I've done once or twice before - I'm ordering another of one I recently sold and miss. It's an Eterna Eternity Silver Dial on a bracelet. I think I have just the strap for it, but I'm on the hunt for one to put on the AN and one to put on a Hamilton Regulator Silver/White Dial (not the newer cinema version).
Out of curiosity why didnt you like about the ML? I have had watches from ML in my cart a few time, but never purchased.

#9 ·
There wasn’t anything about the ML I didn’t like, it just didn’t seem any nicer than other watches I’ve paid considerably less for. I’m sure someone with a more refined eye would see enough of a difference to justify the price, and I’d love to have something like their retrograde model.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.