WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Which Dial (Hands/Font) Do You Like Best?

• I like the dial with the Blue Font and Hands

Votes: 18 78.3%
  • I like the dial with the Pink Font and Hands

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would switch the Font and Hands of the two dials (Please let me know which font/hands you like)

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I DO NOT like either of the Dials - (Please give me reasons why you dislike)

Votes: 4 17.4%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you are looking at this page.....please vote!! It is a simple click of a button!

**Please note that for the purposes of this question, please disregard the colors/color schemes of the post dials. The dial will change to more neutral colors in the future, but only uses to bring out the numbers/dials for this thread. I am just looking for feedback on the dial design, not the colors!!**

Hello Fellow Watchuseekers,

I recently started a new watch company venture and I have been tapping into your opinions in the past few weeks with great feedback. Since this watch is somewhat of a "Made for us, by us" mentality, your feedback definitely helps and will be taken into consideration when this comes into fruition.

With that being said, I am undecided on two faces that I currently have made. My indecision comes in the Font Type and the Hands. Can you please take a look and let me know which of these combinations you like? Please make comments to further let me know your opinions! If you like the dials, please let me know why and how to improve on them!!

I appreciate all of your help and watchuseek will be the first place I offer the watches at!!! :)

So the options are:

1) I like the dial with the Blue Font and Hands
2) I like the dial with the Pink Font and Hands
3) I would like to switch the Font and Hands of the two dials (Please let me know which font/hands you like)
4) I don't like either of the Dials -(Please give me reasons why you dislike)

Please vote guys - My goal is to get 75 votes!

Attachments

·
Registered
17,054 Posts
I'm always glad to see new watch company startups - especially people like yourself who will choose a design based on the opinions of watch fans. Maybe your question should be prefaced with 'if you're in the market for a neon LED watch then please answer...' because I'm most certainly not I'm afraid. Obviously I'm not your target market but I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who are. And maybe for them some further information on the watch - what it's designed for, case, strap, an idea of budget etc.

Best of luck with the venture!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm always glad to see new watch company startups - especially people like yourself who will choose a design based on the opinions of watch fans. Maybe your question should be prefaced with 'if you're in the market for a neon LED watch then please answer...' because I'm most certainly not I'm afraid. Obviously I'm not your target market but I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who are. And maybe for them some further information on the watch - what it's designed for, case, strap, an idea of budget etc.

Best of luck with the venture!
Thanks for the feedback Geoffbot! I should have prefaced it with the following...."The colors of the watch can change, the important thing is the design. Please disregard the color schemes for now and look strictly at the dial/fonts." I will update the posting!

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Personally neither of them do anything for me. I like simplicity and readability, which to me your watches don't have. I am however much like Geoff extremely impressed with the initiative that you have. Best of luck in the watch world!!

-Mike

·
Registered
17,054 Posts
Thanks for the feedback Geoffbot! I should have prefaced it with the following...."The colors of the watch can change, the important thing is the design. Please disregard the color schemes for now and look strictly at the dial/fonts." I will update the posting!
Understood! In that case I prefer the hands on the first one but...the they're too short - especially the minute hand. And it appears to be skeletonised where the hour hand appears to not. If that's the case and the hour hand was lumed then as long as the outline of the minute hand was too that would be okay I guess, but a lumed hour hand and unlumed minute would be annoying in the dark.

The font on the top one is okay though I'd prefer it a touch thinner and maybe flat instead of rounded line ends.

·
Registered
20,990 Posts
Blue font and hands.

·
Premium Member
7,772 Posts
I voted for dial number 1. However, I prefer the thickness of the minute hand in dail two. Dial 1's minute hand is too fragile looking. Also, I feel like the minute hand should be longer, going halfway into the number. The hour hand looks okay. I say this not knowing what you have in mind for a design. This is just off the cuff....

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
I prefer you blue dial hand set up. I don't find the hands too short as the minute hand just about reaches the hash marks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree blue bird. Thanks for the votes everyone. Please keep them coming! I am trying to make a decision by Wednesday night!

Much appreciated.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts