WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In order to allow Topper Jewelers to maintain a healthy relationship with its vendors and support Watchuseek, we ask that you do not discuss the Forum's sponsor's specific pricing or compare their prices to other dealers, or gray market. Such posts will be removed from this forum.

www.topperjewelers.com/watches/oris/

·
Banned
1,219 Posts
Re: Please welcome Topper Jewelers as our exclusive Oris Forum sponsor!

Thats Great news, just what the site needs an official sponsor :-!

·
Registered
994 Posts

Great!

Hope they can beat F**F pricing!

·
Registered
23 Posts

Hip hip hooray!

·
Banned
1,219 Posts

Great!

Hope they can beat F**F pricing!
Ha Ha :-!

Yeah there discounts are not soooo great are they.

·
Registered
663 Posts

Very cool. Welcome!

·
Registered
388 Posts

welcome! (to this day, after everywhere i've shopped - NYC, LA, Basel, Dubai - NO ONE beats them ozzy prices, but i'm but i'm eager as hell for my next Oris, so if you're pricing competitively, there's still a GP70 out there with my name on it: #0033/1970)

·
Banned
1,219 Posts
Hang on a moment am I the only one that noticed this update on the "Welcome to Toppers"

In order to allow Topper Jewelers to maintain a healthy relationship with its vendors and support Watchuseek, we ask that you do not discuss the Forum's sponsor's specific pricing or compare their prices to other dealers, or gray market. Such posts will be removed from this forum.

Sorry but Toppers supporting this Forum just lost my vote straight away, if a sponsor for an internet forum isn't prepared for its user base to discuss such as above then its cencorship straight and fair.

For my money Toppers should change its stance or jog off.

·
Registered
64 Posts
From past contact with this company ....I found them Rude and
far over priced. I requested they Not contact me again...they continued.
They ill-mannered people. They even HAD to mention to me their religion?
Why I do not know. I was forced to block their phone number and emails from coming in. Never would I purchase from these people. They are located in a "rough".area south of the City of San Francisco. You take you life in hands just going there. Not on any day !

FINI !

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Hi cdr,

Sorry to hear of your experience, but to be honest I'm completely surprised by it. I've been to Topper a couple of times and in both cases had a very pleasant and enjoyable time. In fact, most folks who frequent WUS have posted in the different forums of their great experiences visiting the store and dealing with Rob Kaplan. Yours is the first negative post I've read. Rob, his brother, and the other staff members of Topper have always been friendly, professional, courteous, and, most importantly, respectful. Ill-mannered? Talk of religion? Having to block their phone number and emails? Doesn't compute...at all. :think:

Oh, and about Burlingame being in the "rough" area south of San Francisco...about taking your life into your own hands, just going there--you've got to be kidding me. I grew up in San Francisco, and I still have friends and family, there, as well as in those towns just south of the City...so I visit rather frequently. Burlingame, like Millbrae and San Mateo, is one of the more affluent communities in Northern California. "Rough" area? Topper is nestled in the quaint downtown area, with nothing but fine restaurants and shops to be found. Lots of people from San Francisco enjoy taking the short drive there to walk, shop, and have a nice meal. It's a very safe town and area. ;-)

From past contact with this company ....I found them Rude and
far over priced. I requested they Not contact me again...they continued.
They ill-mannered people. They even HAD to mention to me their religion?
Why I do not know. I was forced to block their phone number and emails from coming in. Never would I purchase from these people. They are located in a "rough".area south of the City of San Francisco. You take you life in hands just going there. Not on any day !

FINI !

·
Registered
889 Posts
I know what you mean about Burlingame all those terrifying techies and dot com desperados running around armed with their iphones not to mention all that million dollar real estate...the place is just not safe. A hovel in fact.
On a more serious note i can attest, having bought several high end timepieces form the Caplan family, and Rob in particular over the years that they have always been fair and honest and have never given me a religious sermon.
As far as not wanting their prices discussed, it seems like a no win situation to me. it's either going to be too high or too low and i'm sure the mfr's would be none too impressed and would give them static if the forum they sponsored discussed their prices as either high or low. Without forum sponsorship, we would not even be having this exchange.
If you don’t like the policy, don’t buy from them. Simple.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I recently purchased a watch from Rob at Topper and very pleased with the transaction. His team went out of thier way to make sure I spoke to him when I called, because they knew I was a WUS member!

If you're looking for a watch don't hesitate to call Topper first. Trustworthy and dependable; hard to find these days.

Thanks to Rob and Team.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I just got off the phone with Rob and Dimitri at Topper, after a very satisfying transaction over one of their clearance Oris watches. Although they insist on shipping via UPS to Canada [NOT my preferred option by a long shot] they gave me a very generous discount over their already low clearance price and billed me through PayPal to avoid any hangups over my foreign credit card.

The whole WUS sponsorship situation is a new thing at Topper, and it would probably be best to ask for Rob personally if you are a WUS member looking for a deal. I was quite pleased at their willingness to work with me to complete the buy. Consider this another 'thumbs up'...

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Yes, very professional and fair. I would buy from them again. Burlingame in a ghetto? That is a far stretch, where are you from Monaco or Buckingham Palace? That area is very posh and probably comparable to Beverly Hills, Sausalito, etc.

Big thumbs up for Topper.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i would consider Topper Jewelers for my next Oris purchase because I live on the west coast and I love to get stuff the next morning. Price and policy is the most important factor to me, followed by reputation.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The Topper staff are an exceptional group of individuals!

I spent a good portion of my day at the store and I must say, it's impressive!

The staff are very professional, courteous and knowledgeable.

All in all, I'll be eating Top Ramen whilst waiting for my Titan C 44mm!

If you want an Oris, you owe yourself a visit to Topper!

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I would like to thank Rob at Topper Jewelers for going above and beyond when helping me find my new Oris. I have no Oris dealer within a 90 mile radius from me so I decided to buy online as I often do. I do not like grey market watches and feel much more comfortable purchasing from a reputable authorized dealer. When I noticed that Topper was the forum sponsor I thought I would give them a try. I couldn't be more pleased, the entire transaction was so easy, and Rob was a pleasure to deal with. I was trying to decide between a few Oris models and finally settled on the Titan 44 C. I just got the watch yesterday(expertly packed of course by Toppers), and it is perfect! If you are in the market for a new Oris call Toppers. Looks fantastic don't you agree?

·
Registered
269 Posts
I purchased two Oris Aquis Date watches, Rs and Ss versions. All I can say is first class service! Rob Caplan was one of the friendliest people I have had the pleasure of doing business with! I will definitely go through Topper Jewelers for all future purchases.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts