WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Sounds like Toppers is a great place to get Oris watches.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I purchased two Oris Aquis Date watches, Rs and Ss versions. All I can say is first class service! Rob Caplan was one of the friendliest people I have had the pleasure of doing business with! I will definitely go through Topper Jewelers for all future purchases.
Ditto! He handled my order personally and am grateful will definitely do business with them again!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Ditto! He handled my order personally and am grateful will definitely do business with them again!
I had the pleasure of dealing with Andrea, she handled everything in nice and professional manner, during and after the purchase, Rob was wonderful as well and spent more than 20 min over the phone explaining and helping me better understand my recent purchase.

·
Registered
3 Posts
From past contact with this company ....I found them Rude and
far over priced. I requested they Not contact me again...they continued.
They ill-mannered people. They even HAD to mention to me their religion?
Why I do not know. I was forced to block their phone number and emails from coming in. Never would I purchase from these people. They are located in a "rough".area south of the City of San Francisco. You take you life in hands just going there. Not on any day !

FINI !

I'm new to the site (recently bitten by the watch bug) but had to respond to the above post. I recently visited Toppers in Burlingame and they treated me very well. After knowing I wasn't going to purchase and was just window shopping they pulled out several watches for me to try on and when they couldn't answer a question about an Omega I had my eye on they got on the phone to confirm. I later opted to buy an Oris Atrix GT and when calling to price compare I opted to purchase elsewhere. Not only did they take my call but they even called me back with their sale price. With that said, they were very accommodating and definitely were willing to work with me on price. It just happened that I was able to work with a seller out of state and avoid sales tax. Nothing but good things to say about my experience with Toppers.

Oh and to say Burlingame is a rough part of town is absurd. As another poster said, it's in a very nice downtown area surrounded by bistros, a Banana Republic and a J Crew. Hardly a rough part of town.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I can't speak highly enough of the service I received from Topper Jewelers. Rob and Andrea went above and beyond in helping me purchase my first Oris. I wanted a Titan C on a bracelet, however they didn't have any in stock. They found one for me, however, when it came into their shop, Rob called me personally and told me that it had a scratch on the case back and that he did not feel comfortable selling it to me in that condition. He found one a few days later and I had it two days after that. He even threw in an Oris rubber strap at no additional cost. All of this at a price that either met or beat any I could find online from "Grey market dealers". I wouldn't hesitate in using them again. In fact, I look forward to it. Thank you Rob and Andrea!

Kevin W.

·
Registered
4,504 Posts
Just want to say a quick thanks to Topper! Liz was a pleasure to deal with and my Aquis arrived as promised - on time and flawless. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I've already posted on a great experience them but I'll chime in here too. They sent me a bracelet for my BC4. Not only was it on time, the idiots at a high end watch place near me couldn't figure how to mount it and told me that it was the wrong bracelet. They swapped it out and sent me another one. Here is the kicker. The bracelet was right the first time and yet they exchanged it and sent me a second one no questions asked. Always polite, informative and communicative with super service. A first class experience with them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
thanks so much - repeat customer - outstanding experiences with that personal touch from their staff who are very kind and helpful - fast signature shipping

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have nothing but praise for Topper. I recently made a purchase from them. I was looking for an Oris Diver Sixty Five Topper Edition but alas they were all sold out. Ended up getting an Omega Seamaster Pro Ceramic from them instead and it was an awesome experience. I spoke to Mayling there and she made the whole process nice and easy. I will definitely purchase from them again. Top notch dealer in my book!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I can't speak highly enough of the service I received from Topper Jewelers. Rob and Andrea went above and beyond in helping me purchase my first Oris. I wanted a Titan C on a bracelet, however they didn't have any in stock. They found one for me, however, when it came into their shop, Rob called me personally and told me that it had a scratch on the case back and that he did not feel comfortable selling it to me in that condition. He found one a few days later and I had it two days after that. He even threw in an Oris rubber strap at no additional cost. All of this at a price that either met or beat any I could find online from "Grey market dealers". I wouldn't hesitate in using them again. In fact, I look forward to it. Thank you Rob and Andrea!

Kevin W.
Do they match the price with Jomashop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
A big thank you to the staff of Topper. My wife and I visited this morning and were met by SUPER knowledgeable salespersons and management. Unlike some AD's I've been to, the staff at Topper really know watches, are fans of watches, and act accordingly. My wife was wearing her Super Sea Wolf 53 which was immediately recognized, and talked about. That felt really good. Rob or Paul? I'm so sorry, I'm horrible with names.......brought out the hidden cache of Zodiac Super Seawolf re-issues including the brass/chronometer super rare version of the SSW68, and let me play with them for a good ten minutes. I tried on, and handled in person for my first time an 18000 dollar Fifty Fathoms which was stunningly beautiful. They were kind enough to advise us of special watch events and gtg's they are having in May and June, and it was an all around fantastic Saturday morning spent in their shop.....highly recommend an in person visit if you are in Northern California.
As far as Oris goes......I knew where we were going and wore my 2010 47mm Small Seconds in Orange lume. It was immediately recognized and discussed. That always feels great. Back to Oris..............they have the largest collection of Oris I have ever seen in one place. Simply everything. Aquis in every iteration including small seconds in blue and orange, three hands in all dial colors and sizes. A collection of Diver 65's I had never seen before including the forest green model, grey, blue, black. Pilot, lifestyle, and Big Crown line. If other brands strike your fancy, Bremont, Blancpain, Longines, Zenith, Omega, Seiko, Zodiac, and many more I didn't even get to. Not small collections either. Seiko MM300, and Tuna were nicely nestled amongst the more standard offerings.
Oh, and this treatment for a couple who spent zero dollars. They knew we were watch people, and hopefully know I will be back. Thank you Topper!

Edit to add..........just saw his photo in the Save the date thread, and it was Rob who talked with us. Really gregarious, friendly and knowledgeable.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I recently purchased a watch from Rob at Topper and very pleased with the transaction. His team went out of thier way to make sure I spoke to him when I called, because they knew I was a WUS member!

If you're looking for a watch don't hesitate to call Topper first. Trustworthy and dependable; hard to find these days.

Thanks to Rob and Team.
I've also purchased a watch at Topper and Rob was an absolute pro whose aim was to make his customer happy. Couldn't agree with you more.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I have purchased several watches (Zenith, Longines, used RGM) and a wolf watch winder from Toppers (Rob specifically) and has always been a pleasure working with him and his fair pricing. Never purchased an Oris...yet, but its on my list of next watch purchases and will be contacting Rob. I would not hesitate for a second to purchase from again.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Recently became intrigued with Oris. Since I was "Diver-less, I decided to investigate what Team Oris offered.
Having to work within a tight budget I focused on the Aquis.
I have noticed the Topper ads present on tje forum and decided to check them out.
Their website is a pleasure to navigate, very user friendly.
I settled on the Black Diver 43mm. Wanted to talk to a "live" person before taking the plunge.
Asked for Rob, must say he us a delight to work with. Never felt hurried, very knowledgeable,
just like dealing with an old friend.
We struck a deal, and I placed the order.
Since I required some extra links for the bracelet, Rob said he would gather some up and get back with me. We also explored the possibility of maybe procuring a rubber strap. Concerned that it may put the deal outside my self imposed budget.
Jenny returned a call the next afternoon with an update. She also offered a smoking offer for a rubber strap with deployant clasp. I am "weak", so Of course I now own the "set".
Jenny was a sweetheart to deal with as well, very accommodating to my needs.
Watch was 2nd day aired and arrive packing insanely well.
Watch exceeded my expectations and have a new "love" in my life.

Thanks Topper, Rob, Jenny, and of course Oris for a wonderful addition to my meager lineup.

Topper,,,,HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Reactions: John Frum

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just dealt with Rob on the phone...class act and I ordered (Oris) on the spot with him. Thank you again Rob (y)

21 - 40 of 40 Posts