Votes: 39 62.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to get the Rolex Sub, but I guess I cant afford it after all:-(. These are my next two choices. I find both of them really stunning and cant make up my mind. Pls help me decide.

Tag Carrera Crono

Breitling Super Ocean Heritage

Pics taken from gemnation.com

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
No question. Heritage. Check them out in person if you havent already. The Grand Carrera might put up a fight.

·
Registered
472 Posts
These are quite different sizes I think. I could be wrong, but the Breitling is available in 38mm or 46mm. The Tag is 41mm I think, so in the middle. A lot will come down to size on this. I would find the Breitlings either way too big or too small, so I'd vote for Tag. Had a Carrera Chrono myself, and it was a beauty.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
These are quite different sizes I think. I could be wrong, but the Breitling is available in 38mm or 46mm. The Tag is 41mm I think, so in the middle. A lot will come down to size on this. I would find the Breitlings either way too big or too small, so I'd vote for Tag. Had a Carrera Chrono myself, and it was a beauty.
Agree about the size of the SOH. If that watch was available in 42mm, I would have bought one a long time ago. If the size of either the 38mm or 46mm suit you, then the SOH without question - it is a stunning looking watch.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 7" wrist, so I guess both sized should be fine for me. I haven't tried on the SO in person but I have worn other 38mm watches and seemed to like them on my wrist :think:

B

·
0 Posts
One is a chrono, one is not. One is on a bracelet and one is on a rubber strap.

Two very different watches

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One is a chrono, one is not. One is on a bracelet and one is on a rubber strap.

Two very different watches
But if you had to choose one, which one you you take?

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
I agree with the above poster that said these are very, very different watches. So much so that I'm having a hard time coming up with a personal preference, inherently, so my choice would be one of practicality.

In my own case, I'd probably go with the smaller Breitling - my 6.5 inch wrist isn't big enough to pull off the larger Breitling, and if i were to get a chrono, I think I would go for something a bit smaller than the Carrera - I found that the Omega Speedmaster fits just about perfectly for me - it's around 39 mm if I recall correctly.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I voted for the Tag but let me confuse you more with these because I would pick them over the regular Carrera especially the Seiko with PR.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I said the Breitling. I almost bought one a few weeks ago, with the orange dial and copper coloured rubber strap. 46mm. In general Breitlings are way too busy of a watch for me, and somehow, they come across as dated. The Super Ocean? That's now, baby! Clean and chunky.

I agree with the idea of the mesh bracelet, too BTW.

The Heuer? Kinda "meh...", although I do like the big dial/small bezel look. Why not just get a Speedmaster, I would wonder?

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@lowbee: Yes you succeeded in confusing me. Those are two real stunners :-!

@Brocktoon: why not a speedmaster? I agree, its a great watch, but to be honest, the Carrera was the watch that got me into watches in the first place. The first time I saw it in a newspaper, I just fell in love with it. At one time I always considered buying a fake because I never thought I could afford the real one, but then I just wont be able to live with the fake.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Heritage on whatever... mesh does look great though. It is a large size, but the downward curved lugs make it fit exceptionally well.

Someone said something about metal bracelet vs. rubber for these, the SOH has a large variety of options though.

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
@Brocktoon: why not a speedmaster? I agree, its a great watch, but to be honest, the Carrera was the watch that got me into watches in the first place. The first time I saw it in a newspaper, I just fell in love with it. At one time I always considered buying a fake because I never thought I could afford the real one, but then I just wont be able to live with the fake.
You just answered your own question, I think. If the Carrera is the watch that got you into a love of watches, then that's what you need to buy right now. The Breitling can wait.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I vote for SOH. You've seen it in person right? When I first saw it, I saw the Blue version. WOW did that ever pop. It looks elegant, yet the mesh bracelet made it look sharp and techy.

The Tag is nice, but too technical feel imo.

So, I think the Tag says to people: I'm cool.

The SOH says to people: I'm cool, with class.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You've seen it in person right?
Unfortunately I haven't :-( When I went to the AD, they told me that were still expecting it and that I'll have to wait a week or two. The AD is pretty far from where I stay :-(

1 - 20 of 60 Posts