WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I intended to purchase a tritium watch below 500usd with the following criteria:
1. Sapphire screen
2. Able to ship to Singapore if purchase make on internet

Would be a plus if it have a
1. Day date
2 pvd bracelet.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
The problem with "day and date" Tritium watches is, that there is not even a handful you can buy (which I personaly find a shame, because I love to have day and date on an analog watch). Usually all the H3's have only a date window and not too many have a sapphire crystal as well.

The ones I know with a day and date windows are as follows:

Amazon.com: traser extreme sport

Probably the best overall choice, since they have day, date and sapphire.

Amazon.com: traser p-6600

Day, date but no sapphire. Also NO trit vial on the second hand

Amazon.com: luminox field day date

Day, date and sapphire. Beware some of those models do not have a second hand trit vial as well.

Amazon.com: Armourlite Shatter Proof Scratch Proof Glass Swiss Tritium Watch Rubber Bracelet.: Watches

Not much known about this brand. Also not sure what kind of crystal they use, but definitely no trit vial on the second hand either.

Of all the H3 watches on the market these are really the only ones I know which have a day and date window. Maybe there are others I haven't heard from yet, so probably othet members can chime in.

cheer

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem with "day and date" Tritium watches is, that there is not even a handful you can buy (which I personaly find a shame, because I love to have day and date on an analog watch). Usually all the H3's have only a date window and not too many have a sapphire crystal as well.

The ones I know with a day and date windows are as follows:

Amazon.com: traser extreme sport

Probably the best overall choice, since they have day, date and sapphire.

Amazon.com: traser p-6600

Day, date but no sapphire. Also NO trit vial on the second hand

Amazon.com: luminox field day date

Day, date and sapphire. Beware some of those models do not have a second hand trit vial as well.

Amazon.com: Armourlite Shatter Proof Scratch Proof Glass Swiss Tritium Watch Rubber Bracelet.: Watches

Not much known about this brand. Also not sure what kind of crystal they use, but definitely no trit vial on the second hand either.

Of all the H3 watches on the market these are really the only ones I know which have a day and date window. Maybe there are others I haven't heard from yet, so probably othet members can chime in.

cheer

Thanks for the introduction. Actually the Date/day falls in the good to have zone :) my top consideration will be the sapphire screen and whether if it is make to last.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
I've been interested in the Armourlite watches for a while now but have been able to find little information about them. The glass they use seems to be of a proprietary nature and they won't give you any more information than "special high impact glass"... One advantage is that they are all a consistently nice large size (45mm).

I've liked the Nite watches for a while too but they are small in size, 42mm, and that INCLUDES the crown... too small for me.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Right now I've been testing the new ArmourLite Phantom over the past month. The thing is pretty much built like a tank. The "special glass" really does seem both scratch and impact resistant. When I talked to the owner he explained that they have a patent on the "special glass" but it actually isn't just the glass but also the way that it's built into the case of the watch. It seems that the it's slightly recessed to prevent hitting the leading edge (a great idea if you think about it) and has a thick synthetic seal which I assume is both for water proofing and impact absorption. The crown is a screw-down and the bezel is very smooth. It also uses screw bolts as opposed to spring bars but they are small enough to fit into normal bands / straps.

What do I think of it? Well earlier this week I was walking past a big crate and whacked the living s#$t out of the watch as I was walking by it. My wife heard the impact and looked at me and said, "Ooooh, I think you just broke your new watch." I looked down and there was barely a mark on it, seriously. I think the recessed glass prevented the crystal from scratching and there's just a tiny mark on the PVD coating. Obviously I'm going to have to beat on it a little longer and your mileage may vary but... we might have a winner here.

I personally really like the ArmourLite enough that we will be picking them up and reselling them soon.

·
Registered
817 Posts
That's all good info about the Armourlite! Their Phantom model is actually the one I've been considering...

·
Registered
817 Posts
I do like the way that Armourlite looks! And I like the way the tubes are set as opposed to my Luminox 3051... may have to pick one of them up :)!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts