WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I own this watch but have been watching YouTube reviews recently about this watch for fun.

My biggest issue I’ve had owning the watch is that there is no way to adjust the date on its own. Yet, on some of the recent reviews they appear to say there is.

My PO 39.5 was made in either 2016 or 2017. Is there a date function on mine I’m unaware of, or did Omega add this function on more recent iterations of the PO 39.5?

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
Ok, have you tried looking at the dial of the watch you own?

Reactions: Archer

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, have you tried looking at the dial of the watch you own?
Sorry, what I meant is there doesn’t seem to be a way to adjust the date without moving the hour hand 24 hours over and over again.

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
Oh, so you're asking about the quickset date function? I thought you were asking if the watch has a date at all (nice edit).

On the 39.5mm, cal 8800, you need to move the crown to the second position. Position 0 is screwed down, Position 1 is winding, Position 2 is setting date, and Position 3 is setting the time.

When setting the date, note that it only works in one direction. I don't have an 8800 watch with me right now, but if it's not turning the crown clockwise, it's turning counter-clockwise.

Different caliber, but the function is the same:

·
Registered
516 Posts
@mavs4177 you sure you have the 39.5mm version? It sounds like you're describing how an 8500/8900 Omega movement functions, not an 8800 movement.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, so you're asking about the quickset date function? I thought you were asking if the watch has a date at all (nice edit).

On the 39.5mm, cal 8800, you need to move the crown to the second position. Position 0 is screwed down, Position 1 is winding, Position 2 is setting date, and Position 3 is setting the time.

When setting the date, note that it only works in one direction. I don't have an 8800 watch with me right now, but if it's not turning the crown clockwise, it's turning counter-clockwise.

Different caliber, but the function is the same:
Edited to clarify for anyone else viewing the thread. Thank you for the info and I will give that a shot when I get home.

·
Registered
473 Posts
@mavs4177 you sure you have the 39.5mm version? It sounds like you're describing how an 8500/8900 Omega movement functions, not an 8800 movement.
It’s exactly what I was going to post. Is there any chance that the OP is confusing the version of the watch. Since the 39mm PO has a 8800 movement which has a quick set date.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts