WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm anxiously waiting to pick up my PO 8500 in a couple of weeks. I had no intention of wearing the PO8500 with a suit or on a formal occasion as I have a preference to leather straps for these types of occasions. I usually wear my Rose Gold Seiko Velatura on a brown leather strap as a point of reference.

I don't remember where I specifically saw on this forum, but I saw a PO8500 (45mm) on a black alligator (could've been leather) strap and I instantly saw the merits and potential of the 8500 making a rotation on my wrist for formal occasions.

I've seen and tried the OEM Rubber for the 8500, and it does not suite my needs for what I'm looking for.

Other than the OEM alligator that I saw in the forum, has anyone tried putting a Christopher Ward C60 black leather strap on a PO 8500 (45mm); 22mm Lug Width? C60SXK - C6/C60/C600 - Black/Steel-22mm

That is the type of strap I'm looking for:
1) Curved End
2) Black
3) Alligator Pattern
4) Leather, or authentic alligator

Cheers, thanks for your help in advanced!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Hi All,

I'm anxiously waiting to pick up my PO 8500 in a couple of weeks. I had no intention of wearing the PO8500 with a suit or on a formal occasion as I have a preference to leather straps for these types of occasions. I usually wear my Rose Gold Seiko Velatura on a brown leather strap as a point of reference.

I don't remember where I specifically saw on this forum, but I saw a PO8500 (45mm) on a black alligator (could've been leather) strap and I instantly saw the merits and potential of the 8500 making a rotation on my wrist for formal occasions.

I've seen and tried the OEM Rubber for the 8500, and it does not suite my needs for what I'm looking for.

Other than the OEM alligator that I saw in the forum, has anyone tried putting a Christopher Ward C60 black leather strap on a PO 8500 (45mm); 22mm Lug Width? C60SXK - C6/C60/C600 - Black/Steel-22mm

That is the type of strap I'm looking for:
1) Curved End
2) Black
3) Alligator Pattern
4) Leather, or authentic alligator

Cheers, thanks for your help in advanced!
Lots of different options for you to choose from, and some fairly big differentials in price points. If you want 'gator or croc, you will pay more than you would for leather. You will see lots and lots of options on the bay and at some of the specialty band sellers.

You might consider buying an inexpensive leather band with a croc pattern to see if it suits you and fits your needs. If it does, you could then consider going the OEM Croc route, which would be a much more significant investment.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Honestly just because they have curved ends... It doesn't mean it will fit properly... I tried many straps....and fitting the 8500 due to its thickness and lug shape is NoT and easy task

That said...

Part number is 98000370 and you would have to special order it from Ofrei.

The results attached speak for themselves.

Attachments

Reactions: Alex_TA

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually got the 98000370 (alligator) off ebay. Just won the auction! Came in at $160 U.S. it is OEM, and new w/o tags. I shall see if it is indeed authentic when it comes in. The pictures and everything looked to the point and correct.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm after a nice alligator for my PO, I've been looking at various hirsch straps, with the Leonardo principal leading the way, unfortunately all the made for omega straps have straight ends and I'm concerned that they will leave huge gaps between the case and strap which will look naff.

The genuine omega 98000370 is now a new option the only thing I think it lacks is different colour stitching? I like them better when they have white or even orange stitching? As it looks more like it belongs with the PO. I've also entertained a grey leather alligator strap? Thought this might look good and different as the PO has a grey bezel? There are various hirsch straps in grey but it's finding one that'll fit well. Any thoughts, ideas or pics?

·
Premium Member
Omega AT Day Date SS, Omega De Ville Trésor YG
4,046 Posts
If I was after a new strap for PO I'd check Hirsch Viscount with Hirsch deployant. It looks cool and they even promise 100m WR. But it's not curved.

·
Vendor
7,757 Posts
Here's a few pictures of the Hirsch Curve Ended straps on various Omega's

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory
Watch Analog watch Fashion accessory Watch accessory Strap
Analog watch Watch Wrist Watch accessory Fashion accessory
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

​Below is a Hirsch special we have exclusively made for us, the OEM Heavy Calf, fully integrates with the Omega deployment

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap
Fashion accessory Analog watch Watch Material property Jewellery

1 - 9 of 9 Posts